Post your all mountain bike

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
New toy, Reign Advanced 1 + few bolt ons and now at 12.7kgs, aiming at 12.5
Damn, thats pretty light for a Reign with SLX and stock wheelset....

Take it back to the shop and ask them to cut down that ridiculously long brake/shifter cable (if you can't do it yourself)....lazy on their part.

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Take it back to the shop and ask them to cut down that ridiculously long brake/shifter cable (if you can't do it yourself)....lazy on their part.
Haha yep there's that 200g he's looking for... :tape2:

Both hoses and the shifter cable could use a trim.
Rear hose through the left side, shifter through the right, front hose to give a nicer curve to the fork.

BOOM, 12.5kg!

moorey

call me Mia
Rear hose through the left side, shifter through the right, front hose to give a nicer curve to the fork.

BOOM, 12.5kg!
Disagree. Internal routing may cover up the ugly crossover of lines, but I always prefer the lines running beside rather than around the yeah tube :hand:
Bloody spitfire riders....

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Disagree. Internal routing may cover up the ugly crossover of lines, but I always prefer the lines running beside rather than around the yeah tube :hand:
Isn't that what I said though? Running beside the headtube rather than around it so he can run much shorter lines, in turn saving him the weight he desires?

Unless I'm reading your post incorrectly, of course!

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
Isn't that what I said though? Running beside the headtube rather than around it so he can run much shorter lines, in turn saving him the weight he desires?

You're both saying the same thing, cables shouldn't cross in front of the head tube to opposite side of frame. Agreed.

Also, stick a Nobby Nic Snakeskin (newest version) on the rear. It's an easy way to save 150g with no performance penalty. Loving the new Nobby Nics on my bike.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia

Nah, maybe. More likely me :behindsofa:
As you were. Bloody spitty riders. :doh:

moorey

call me Mia
You're both saying the same thing, cables shouldn't cross in front of the head tube to opposite side of frame. Agreed.

Also, stick a Nobby Nic Snakeskin (newest version) on the rear. It's an easy way to save 150g with no performance penalty. Loving the new Nobby Nics on my bike.
Yep. :behindsofa:
I have just banged new NN pacestar lite skin, non tubeless tyre, but have set up as tubeless, replacing tubed performance old NN. Saved 500+g, and more importantly, improved grip.

I think they're agreeing to disagree about having the same idea.
Yes yes, we are all of us fuckwits...but mainly me :woot:

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have just banged new NN pacestar lite skin, non tubeless tyre, but have set up as tubeless, replacing tubed performance old NN. Saved 500+g, and more importantly, improved grip.
Do the sidewalls hold up more than the old ones used to Moorey?

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt

Yes yes, we are all of us fuckwits...but mainly me :woot:
Liteskin? You're brave!

teK--

Eats Squid
That's what he said.

Go direct to fuckwits do not pass go do not collect $200.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
New toy, Reign Advanced 1 + few bolt ons and now at 12.7kgs, aiming at 12.5

Giant lists the reign advanced 1 carbon at 13.9kg stock (without pedals). where did you lose the 1.2kg? curious because I want to put my reign on a weight loss plan too.

I can see maybe 300gm gone by losing the front mech and associated bits.

did you change out the wheelset to something super light?

romy

Likes Dirt
Giant lists the reign advanced 1 carbon at 13.9kg stock (without pedals). where did you lose the 1.2kg? curious because I want to put my reign on a weight loss plan too.

I can see maybe 300gm gone by losing the front mech and associated bits.

did you change out the wheelset to something super light?
Hey,

Started off at 14.1 on the scale with stock wheels and tubes etc.

Removed the whole front mech, bash guard.

The wheel set is of my Scott Genius Syncros TR2.0 and tubeless with the HD and 180mm rotor instead of 200m and is no shite, 1kg less than the Giant P-AM2 wheelset

Ill keep the giant wheelset for Stromlo visits etc.

Swapped out the Truvativ stem and 800mm bars for my Thomson 4x and Thomson carbon 750 trail bars

and there you have it 12.7

I have some XO cranks and XO trail brakes that should knock off a bit more.

but tbh because of the light wheels it already feels pretty good for the travel so i might just leave it at that and go out for another ride in stead of looking at ways to shed a few 100 grams, maybe just lay off the big macs!

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Started off at 14.1 on the scale with stock wheels and tubes etc.

Removed the whole front mech, bash guard.

The wheel set is of my Scott Genius Syncros TR2.0 and tubeless with the HD and 180mm rotor instead of 200m and is no shite, 1kg less than the Giant P-AM2 wheelset

Ill keep the giant wheelset for Stromlo visits etc.

Swapped out the Truvativ stem and 800mm bars for my Thomson 4x and Thomson carbon 750 trail bars

and there you have it 12.7

I have some XO cranks and XO trail brakes that should knock off a bit more.

but tbh because of the light wheels it already feels pretty good for the travel so i might just leave it at that and go out for another ride in stead of looking at ways to shed a few 100 grams, maybe just lay off the big macs!
wow I knew the wheels were heavy but didnt think they would be that bad!! Makes me want to change them even more now! Even 12.7 for a bike like this is fantastic!