Post your all mountain bike

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
How are you liking the fork Psimpson
Pretty happy with it. I had a couple of reservations early on, one was it just wouldn't get full travel. I spoke to Krischan a couple of times and he suggested dropping some oil out of the left leg, but after a few more rides (before I had time to try the suggestion) it appears to have sorted itself out.

It now seems to have about 155mm or so of usable travel which is fine.

One thing that bugs me however at the moment slightly is the quick release axle. I can't work out how to adjust it to get the lever to sit in a nice position when its done up.

Other than that I am pretty happy with it.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Pretty happy with it. I had a couple of reservations early on, one was it just wouldn't get full travel. I spoke to Krischan a couple of times and he suggested dropping some oil out of the left leg, but after a few more rides (before I had time to try the suggestion) it appears to have sorted itself out.

It now seems to have about 155mm or so of usable travel which is fine.

One thing that bugs me however at the moment slightly is the quick release axle. I can't work out how to adjust it to get the lever to sit in a nice position when its done up.

Other than that I am pretty happy with it.
Mine (on a 120mm Formula 33) has the removable QR so the axle is a 5mm allen... otherwise you just reinstall the QR lever into one of 6 orientations where the hex fits

Not sure if the 35's got the new axle or if it was just for the 33 as a weight saving

I was the other way around, having to put an extra 10cc of fluid in to make the air piston ramp up more in the travel so I could keep the small bump plushness of having lower air pressure

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No worries. Wheel set was 1405g with valves and tape which helps a bit. I did not go nuts weight wise but did think about each purchase. Bike is still pretty burly.
~1400 wheelset will make all the difference, it must go like the clappers.

I came off an asr5c also & while the the new build used most of the old parts I went a bit more sturdy on a few bits. It handles the rock gardens around here a lot better as a result.

That Spartan is pretty hot too, those Hans Dampfs look huge on the big rims.

monkeynuts

Likes Bikes
~1400 wheelset will make all the difference, it must go like the clappers.

I came off an asr5c also & while the the new build used most of the old parts I went a bit more sturdy on a few bits. It handles the rock gardens around here a lot better as a result.

That Spartan is pretty hot too, those Hans Dampfs look huge on the big rims.
How did you find the transition from ars5c?? Im still finding it a little strange as old bike felt a lot more highly strung maybe? I don’t feel like ill be spat off the new bike if I go offline like I used to! Still tinkering with pike as well, seems a little spikey??? Bike does give me huge confidence.

Love the look/colour on the Spartan, was one of the bikes on my list before I bought Yeti.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How did you find the transition from ars5c?? Im still finding it a little strange as old bike felt a lot more highly strung maybe? I don’t feel like ill be spat off the new bike if I go offline like I used to! Still tinkering with pike as well, seems a little spikey??? Bike does give me huge confidence.

Love the look/colour on the Spartan, was one of the bikes on my list before I bought Yeti.
I have about 6 months on the new 5 now & while I loved the asr, they are worlds apart. I think highly strung is a good way to describe the asr. It did tend to dance around on rocks a bit & didn't feel as grounded, like the shock was tuned to the hilt to compensate for the suspension design's failures. For me, the traction on tap is the big difference. The new one just grabs & plows on up rooty climbs & hammers rock gardens, like you say, there's a whole lot more confidence there.

I ride a lot of raw jungle trails at the moment, very narrow with heaps of roots & vines to deal with & often wet. Having to negotiate the really tight twisty stuff, with vines reaching out to grab a bar end all the time, the length of the new 5 is very noticeable. The asr was a bit more nimble, perhaps partly due to it being almost 1kg lighter, but more likely the wheelbase.

Going from a Fox 32 to a Pike for me (or anyone) was a dream, I reckon you'll find the sweet spot soon. I did a lot of faffing about with tokens & what not until I was happy. Mine are set at 140mm, same as the Fox/ asr combo. Initially, I was having trouble getting the front vs rear sus to behave together, so I swapped out the CTD for a Monarch & it worked a treat, though your Corset would achieve pretty much the same thing.

I am definately faster on the new one, probably more due to the fact I've been riding a lot lately, but it's a quick bike. Enjoy

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yet another banshee build...

2014 rune w/ ccdb air cs xv
Rockshox pike RTC3
DT Swiss XM1501 Spline One wheels
SRAM X1 drivetrain
SRAM Guide RS brakes w/ centerline rotors
Reverb stealth

So much fun to ride!!!

dh1

Likes Dirt

Rockshox pike RTC3
SRAM X1 drivetrain
Reverb stealth

So much fun to ride!!!
Very nice! I decided on a spitfire over the rune, will arrive next week. Already purchased new parts for it and I can't wait. I will have two banshees then and I will be a happy happy man

Enjoy your rune!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice! I decided on a spitfire over the rune, will arrive next week. Already purchased new parts for it and I can't wait. I will have two banshees then and I will be a happy happy man

Enjoy your rune!
I'm sure that you will love the Spitty! Hope you get her built up swiftly. Enjoy.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Rockshox pike RTC3
SRAM X1 drivetrain
Reverb stealth

So much fun to ride!!!
Nice, had a proper ride on the CCDB yet or just a driveway bounce?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, had a proper ride on the CCDB yet or just a driveway bounce?
Yeah I took it to Lysterfield one morning before work. It honestly felt as though it had more travel. The climb switch feels like it does heaps less than the CTD when you passively cycle the suspension, but when you are climbing it does make a noticeable difference. Does it feel $400 better than the CTD? Probably not. But I have no regrets and would do it again in a heartbeat.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I took it to Lysterfield one morning before work. It honestly felt as though it had more travel. The climb switch feels like it does heaps less than the CTD when you passively cycle the suspension, but when you are climbing it does make a noticeable difference. Does it feel $400 better than the CTD? Probably not. But I have no regrets and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Crank up the LSC, maybe? Concur about the 'more travel' feel of the ccdba. I don't have the CS, and don't miss one.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As long as your wife can see the extra $400 value, then all is good.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Crank up the LSC, maybe? Concur about the 'more travel' feel of the ccdba. I don't have the CS, and don't miss one.
Don't get me wrong, the climb switch makes a very noticeable difference when i am riding the bike. Will definitely experiment with the LSC, at the moment just running the recommended tune for the rune and only adjusted sag for my weight. I really like how cane creek simplify the tuning of your shock with their booklet. It is a tinkerers wet dream.