Post your all mountain bike

HEC

Likes Bikes
Coincidentally the banshee in the pic above also has 'XC' pedals ;)

And I agree your Santa Cruz looks great. But I'm a sucker for orange bikes. A Bullit? That's a solid looking swingarm.

I've ridden with a guy with a Bullit - was impressed with how well it went over everything. My two, the Banshee and Transition are only 14kg apiece. Still climb ok, just a little slower.
Yes it is a Bullit.
The swing arm is purdy big, when you're riding and look down it looks beefy.
The single pivot rear chews up all the ugly stuff and with the propedal flicked to max it climbs well too (the only let down is me not having a big enough heart muscle:p). You can feel some pedal feedback when you're in the granny gears but it's not much and I'm not that much of a pro to feel any brake jack when I'm on a DH section (plowing is the preferred style:)).
I would recommend this bike to anyone wanting an all-rounder.

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Mines not as exotic as the others, but it gets me up and down and everywhere in between (suprising though, I never see any other Six's when i'm out riding) Even did 40+km RRR point to point race on it! Pretty much stock except Sunline 745mm bars and flipped stem, ATA removed from forks (which is a bugger). Switching between flats and clips depending on what terrain i'm riding...too chicken to DH clipped in.

Attachments

Shoryuken

Likes Dirt
Kona coiler, couple things still stock.

* Frame Size & Color: Kona Coiler 2007, med, Respray Red
* Fork: Lyrik U turn 160mm - Run X-Firm Spring
* Shock: Fox RP23 2010 Large volume. Run about 275psi
* Brakes: Avid Elixir CR 160mm rear and 180mm front
* Cranks: XT with Raceface bash guard
* Front Derailleur: XT M771
* Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 2010
* Pedals: Wellgo (forget which)
* Stem: RaceFace Evolve AM Stem - 70mm 8 Deg
* Handlebar: Easton EA50 Riser Bars - Black 685mm
* Seatpost: Stock Kona
* Saddle: WTB Pure V Sport
* Bottom Bracket: XT
* Cassette: SRAM PG990 - Redwin Red - 11-34
* Headset: Cane Creek S3
* Grips: Answer DH Red
* Front Tire: Maxxis Minion Dh
* Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion Dh
* Wheels: Stock - About to be upgrade DT Swiss this week
* Weight: 16.3kg last checked after rebuild (17.5stock)

k1.JPG
k2.JPG

Loving the new forum.
Sticky this thread.

Last edited:

Quintin

Eats Squid
2009 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon

5" front 5.6" rear
12.9kg

Rear Shock: RP23
Fork: Rock Shox Revelation 130mm
Brakes: Shimano SLX
Shifters: XTR
Read Der: XTR Shadow carbon cage
Front Der: XT Direct mount
Crankset: XT Hollowtech
Bars: Easton
Headset: Chris King
Wheels: Mavic Crossride junk
Stem: junk
seatpost: junk
seat: junk

IMG_0165.jpg

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
2009 Enduro,

Rockshox seat post

MRP chainguide/Bashie

DH bars

Great fun to ride!

see link in sig vvvvv

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
2010 Nomad.

It has an RC4 in it, not the Rocco pictured. Gone 2x9 now rather than triple ring in the front. Next step will be 1x10 I think? Been trying to avoid granny ring for awhile now.

Rockshox reverb or Fox adjustable seatpost on the shopping list also...

Will descend anything the DH bike will and will pedal back up to do it again!

Attachments

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Some may query whether this is AM - but it is how it gets used. This bike replaced a DS ride and has been performing well so far - turns out my arse and legs have a rearward path and are really progressive... :) . I am loving my hardtail choice, but am already plotting the purchase of a Mondraker Dune next year.

Attachments

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
my AM/XC/Trail/whatever/Mountain Bike

not a great pic, doesn't really do it justice

'09 Enduro, 1x9 (36t 11-34), ghetto tubeless with Stans, 13kg

furry forester

Likes Dirt
Mine might be a bit "light on" compared to some of the heavy metal getting around in this thread - but it is damn near as quick as my DH bike on most tracks here in SA and still does duty as my xc bike. Had a ball on it at Bike Buller in the brake burner - just needed bigger gears and skinnier tyres to stop from getting passed by xc whippets on the bitumen downhill section!!!!
Mods from standard are 60mm stem, 24/36/bash gearset, stans flow on hope wheelset, 140mm Float RLC (from 120). Had a rockshox reverb dropper post - was gold until it died....
Marin resize.jpg

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Mine might be a bit "light on" compared to some of the heavy metal getting around in this thread - but it is damn near as quick as my DH bike on most tracks here in SA and still does duty as my xc bike. Had a ball on it at Bike Buller in the brake burner - just needed bigger gears and skinnier tyres to stop from getting passed by xc whippets on the bitumen downhill section!!!!
Mods from standard are 60mm stem, 24/36/bash gearset, stans flow on hope wheelset, 140mm Float RLC (from 120). Had a rockshox reverb dropper post - was gold until it died....
View attachment 196368
Nice bike! I've spent some time on a Mt Vision and it was an absolute hoot. Wonder how much more fun the new XM 140mm travel version is...

arakkis

Likes Bikes
Here's mine, freshly built. Had a few rides but still playing around with the suspension setup.

Loving the Reverb seatpost.

goldilocks_side_view_sm.jpggoldilocks_three_q_rear_sm.jpg