Post your all mountain bike

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Were those the spoon wheelset for cheap cheap on CRC not too long ago?

How are you liking them?
Sure are. Really like them so far, really good bang for buck considering they set were $270 shipped. I have only ridden them about 3 times all at the same place but they feel solid pointed downhill. Took a couple direct hits to rocks on a hardtail, so far no dents and still spinning true. Decent weight too which helps with climbing back up, although I came from a set of medieval 26" wheels that were crazy heavy so my opinion on that might be a bit skewed.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Sure are. Really like them so far, really good bang for buck considering they set were $270 shipped. I have only ridden them about 3 times all at the same place but they feel solid pointed downhill. Took a couple direct hits to rocks on a hardtail, so far no dents and still spinning true. Decent weight too which helps with climbing back up, although I came from a set of medieval 26" wheels that were crazy heavy so my opinion on that might be a bit skewed.
Very nice! By the time I saw them, I had already pulled the trigger on some Oozy 295s at $100 more than that shipped.
Also been happy with their durability and weight.
For 'DH' wheels, the spoon rims aren't that heavy. I noticed most of the extra weight was just in the centre of the wheel being the steel freehub.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Old landcruisers are the best landcruisers.

Does my 93 75 series count though? It does have leather seats.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Old landcruisers are the best landcruisers.

Does my 93 75 series count though? It does have leather seats.
Hardcorists would maintain unless you can hose it out it doesn't count.

I reckon anything pre-80 series is fine. Are they still making 75s? I keep seeing suspiciously shiny ones.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Love the old Tojo, daily driver or just for trips?

Travis.
Just for trips! (and when said trip accounts for only up to 2 people haha)

I have daily'd her for a few weeks here and there in the past (whilst my actual daily is in the workshop for instance). Melbourne traffic in a car like that gets old pretty fast though :p

Could just be well looked after.

New ones have kept the shape, not sure what series though
I think they are a 79 series now if i'm not mistaken. Not as much character but torquey as with the v8.

If anyone's interested this is what the whole thing looks like, taken sometime last summer in the hills somewhere between Howqua and Buller
16122942_1909883289241995_4839970784409550848_n.jpg

i'm sure theres a seperate thread somewhere for this sort of thing... back to bikes before someone spots us! :whistle:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Just a couple of the best 'all terrain' vehicles ever made, its all good ;)

I put a baby seat in my 45 for the first 12months but once bub 2 arrived ive literally ended up with a bloody commodore as my new daily driver and the old girl sits in the garage buried in stuff, mostly mtb gear so thats something at least.

Travis.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Looks like it built up ok?

you just need to find a coil for it now.
yep, had to get a few adaptors and bits for some parts but all together now. only taken for a spin around my house but the overall fit is great!

I've got a CCDB Coil CS in 200x57 w/450 steel spring sitting here gathering dust... wink wink, nudge nudge... :preggers: :whistle: :boink:

PM'd! :thumb: