Post your all mountain bike

Jpez

Down on the left!
7E3522BE-0238-4640-B23E-E3D8201A124C.jpeg
2018 Guerrilla Gravity Mega Trail. That’s a mouth full.
Bike is in Shred Dogg mode with
160 Lyrics
145 RS super deluxe.
guide RC’s
DT Swiss e1700 30i
Cromag BZA 35 stem and bars.
KS lev
Done about 150ks so far and the bike rocks.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
2004 Rocky Mountain Switch.

2015 straight steerer Fox36 Factory (Don't ask how much it cost me)

Hope Pro2 laced to Mavic Ex721

Frankenstein Navigator 6 pot calipers with m765 levers and goodridge lines.

Manitou Swinger 3 way coil, but I have a CCDB air for when I'm less fat.

XT 2x10 drivetrain.

Brand X dropper to bring it up to date, sort of.

#Freerideneverdied

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

camo71

Likes Dirt
image.jpg
Got this about a month ago , after riding a 2010 anthem for the last 5 or so years - it's a 2014 trance but was hardly ridden had the original tyres and chain etc all in excellent nick still . Also had the Reverb on it so that was a bonus ( no dropper on that standard )
Put some esi chunky grips on and
swapped out the tyres to run a tubeless minion dhf upfront and an ardent on the back , also put my saint pedals and XT brake set and saddle of my old anthem 26 .
I really enjoy riding it , feels much more planted in the rougher sections where the anthem was really sketchy , so i can get a bit more adventurous with my noob skills , bit heavier and doesn't climb quite as good but I'm more than happy with the trade off .
The forks abit average , I've read a fit cartridge will improve it immensely so will do that at service time and hopefully get a good wheelset down the track and that should do me for the next few years . Happy days ! Ha yeh. I know trances are like bums -
Everyone's got one :)

Last edited:

BKMad

Likes Dirt
View attachment 342302 Got this about a month ago , after riding a 2010 anthem for the last 5 or so years - it's a 2014 trance but was hardly ridden had the original tyres and chain etc all in excellent nick still . Also had the Reverb on it so that was a bonus ( no dropper on that standard )
Put some esi chunky grips on and
swapped out the tyres to run a tubeless minion dhf upfront and an ardent on the back , also put my saint pedals and XT brake set and saddle of my old anthem 26 .
I really enjoy riding it , feels much more planted in the rougher sections where the anthem was really sketchy , so i can get a bit more adventurous with my noob skills , bit heavier and doesn't climb quite as good but I'm more than happy with the trade off .
The forks abit average , I've read a fit cartridge will improve it immensely so will do that at service time and hopefully get a good wheelset down the track and that should do me for the next few years . Happy days ! Ha yeh. I know trances are like bums -
Everyone's got one :)
Nice. I've got the same bike I bought new. They're a good reliable bike.
The upgrades you've done are all worthwhile. I pretty much did the same to mine when I got it - new brakes and tyres as the stock ones were shit. Next upgrade was the forks. I'd gone from a revelation with QR to the stock fox 32 on this bike and was amazed that it was flexier than the revelation even though the fox had a through axle. As you've found, the damper is pretty average. See how you go, but if you start finding them flexy, I'd spend the money on a new fork rather than upgrading the damper.

BT180

Max Pfaff
2018 Guerrilla Gravity Mega Trail. That’s a mouth full.
Bike is in Shred Dogg mode with
160 Lyrics
145 RS super deluxe.
guide RC’s
DT Swiss e1700 30i
Cromag BZA 35 stem and bars.
KS lev
Done about 150ks so far and the bike rocks.
Sweet! Ride report?

My new '18 Dune XR I picked up on thursday.
170mm 36s
DHX2
X01 Eagle
DT Swiss EX1501
185mm Revive
Sram Codes
Looks awesome. Love the Dunes.

camo71

Likes Dirt
Nice. I've got the same bike I bought new. They're a good reliable bike.
The upgrades you've done are all worthwhile. I pretty much did the same to mine when I got it - new brakes and tyres as the stock ones were shit. Next upgrade was the forks. I'd gone from a revelation with QR to the stock fox 32 on this bike and was amazed that it was flexier than the revelation even though the fox had a through axle. As you've found, the damper is pretty average. See how you go, but if you start finding them flexy, I'd spend the money on a new fork rather than upgrading the damper.
Ha yeh being a bit of a tight ass I was hoping to wear the tyres out a bit before replacing but yep they were complete shit , neither me or the bike shop could get them to bead tubeless which didn't help .
Yeh thanks for the heads up probably a good call on the forks , I had a qr F series fox on the anthem and I've noticed there's more flex in these as well - yeh pretty happy overall with the rest , especially for price paid -
My favourite colour scheme to that year , digging the flat black . Cheers

Jpez

Down on the left!
Sweet! Ride report?
In a word it's fast. It just wants to move and is happiest at speed so much so I keep hitting berms and corners at mach stupid faster than my skills allow which have created a few hairy moments.
Pointed down hill it's super stable with its long wheel base and you really feel well balanced riding 'in' the bike. Holds its line so well.
It also climbs incredibly well with the steep seat tube. I would dare to say it seems to climb as well or better than my old Fuel EX9 which was a surprise. Back wheel just stays planted.
Its a big burly trail bike and fairly heavy but you don't really feel it on the trail. I would even call it pretty playful with the short stroke shock and never feels like its wallowing in its travel.
The only gripe I have which is probably more to do with my skills is the front end take a bit more muscle to lift than i'd like but I think thats just something I'll get used to. Need to work on those manuals.

Its a pretty versatile bike. With a change of the fork only I can throw 29er wheels in there. With a longer rear shock and 170 forks it becomes a full Enduro bike if I had a whistler handy and it was also designed to take a coil quite happily.
With a 30 second bolt swap you can change it to gravity mode or trail mode with a quite distinct change to its ride. I just leave it in gravity though. And there are folks riding all these modes quite happily.

So I'm pretty damn stoked with the thing which is a good thing since I bought it on numbers alone without being able to test ride one!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
As one of many here who have contemplated a fork steerer devolution, please do tell. And also of the brakes, I've only vague memories.
The forks started out as standard 2015 tapered steerer Fox 36s Factories. I gave Simon at mtb duspension centre a call asking if straight steerer crown steerer units existed and they did. ~$400 plus a service later and Voila!

The brakes were called Gatorbrake or Navigator 6 pistons. They were sold by Beno at Cycle Solutions and I think the pair I have were the last set they sold when they shut down.

Great caliper design, used the seals to retract the pistons and magnets to hold the pads, so no spring required. Two large and one small piston per side to modulate force.

They run mineral oil so I replaced the pretty basic levers with m765 XT levers and Goodridge lines. They produce a LOT of heat so the braided lines are a must.

The pads are about 50% bigger than saint pads. With sintered pads and floating rotors they are crazy powerful but modulate really well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2011 Stumpjumper 29er.

Upgrade front and rear suspension with DVO units.
The factory Brain expired and was replaced.
Topaz rear and Beryl front. The Beryl is internally adjustable 120-140-160. The Topaz is OE length which gives 130mm travel.

Easton Arc30 rims on Hope hubs.
Shimano drivetrain. Sunrace 42 t cassette. Absolute black oval 34 t chainring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk