Post your all mountain bike

paulb

Likes Dirt
Another +1 on the Havocs - only issue is the cassette is stuck, it seems to have bitten into the softer hub material. I know someone else running them tubeless using bmx tubes with as far as I know no problems

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agressive AM Hardtail Ragley.
It's a few pages back now.. But how does it go? I haven't seen many in Australia. I'm just considering getting a new AM hardtail and the ragley is at the top of my list.

rone

Eats Squid
It's no XC bike but my god it's fun. Climbs really well considering the HA but nips at the heels of 6" bikes without raising a sweat on the descents. I highly recommend it. The new frames are slightly different (headtube size, stays, seat tube diameter) but the angles are the same. I reckon the original blue pig frames are going to become quite sought after as people begin to realise how well they ride.

The Intense Tracer hardly gets ridden, which should tell you something. You wouldn't be disappointed.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
I assume your the seller?

I'm actually thinking about those!
How bad's the ding?

Ohh and, do you know if they'd work with a 135 x 12mm maxel?
yep they are mine

ding is tiny, i just mention it because it's there and i have 100% feedback

not sure about running a 12mm option, Hope may do a conversion kit, mail CRC and ask them

on top of that i have another set of wheels which may suit, 20mm front, 12mm maxle rear, brand new, i'll pm you more details

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep they are mine

ding is tiny, i just mention it because it's there and i have 100% feedback

not sure about running a 12mm option, Hope may do a conversion kit, mail CRC and ask them

on top of that i have another set of wheels which may suit, 20mm front, 12mm maxle rear, brand new, i'll pm you more details
Please do.
definately needs to be maxel/maxel lite rear w/20mm front.

Funn

View attachment 198135View attachment 198136
Can anybody recommend a fairly inexpensive, light & tough AM/FR Wheelset?

I'm leaning towards DT FR600 Rims / Hope Pro Hubs.

Is there a decent complete/factory wheel to consider?
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/FNWHSN0SK/title/funn-skylark-mtb-wheelset

I came across these while looking to upgrade my wheels.
Most stuff with Funn's name to it is usually reliable, and at that price, even better.
Have read that they have "made by Sun Rims" on them.

Attachments

My 2010 Spec. Pitch Pro fresh out the box, although looks somewhat different now with upgrades.

NEW PITCH 0011.jpg

Just love that bike!

stacky

Likes Bikes
I'm pretty happy with mine! Certainly handles everything I can throw at it. :)

And a pic out on the trail,

taquar

Likes Dirt
Heres mine, just finished being built up this morning. Has a few things to be changed but I think it's pretty good. :D

2010 Morewood Shova
2011-04-09 11.52.03.jpg

arakkis

Likes Bikes
I'm a fan of Easton products. Before they revamped their 'Havoc' line of wheels, I picked up a set of their AM wheels from JensonUSA for US$375 plus US$120 shipping (back before parity was passed). So far they've handled plenty of abuse (read: ungainly, unglamorous descents through rocky terrain, including several crashes under the weight of a 95-100kg unco) and are completely true, and spin for ages.

Great sounding CNC machined hub with about 30 POE (I think), 24 straight triple (or double, can't remember) butted spokes, alloy freehub body and 28mm welded rims.

They weighed 1905gm before I chucked on tyres.

Their new range are apparently lighter, but currently around $800ish a set. Can't see any old ones on Jenson at the moment (other than a DH set with 12x150 rear end for $375) but there's still some pre '11 stuff getting around out there elsewhere if you're a time-wasting internet searcher like me.

Pics of mine:

I think they are available still on CRC for about $400. Not bad value at all!

paulb

Likes Dirt
Heres mine, just finished being built up this morning. Has a few things to be changed but I think it's pretty good. :D

2010 Morewood Shova
Looks pretty good to me too.

I presume that's a hammerschmidt? Can you use a short cage derailleur? - with the elevated stays and the little chain ring the chain looks to go really low to the back wheel

taquar

Likes Dirt
Looks pretty good to me too.

I presume that's a hammerschmidt? Can you use a short cage derailleur? - with the elevated stays and the little chain ring the chain looks to go really low to the back wheel
Nope, not a hammerschmidt. It's a 30t Widget attached to XT cranks. It's a med cage x7, not sure how a shortcage would go, but for now, the medium is going great. Took it for a burn this arvo and it SHREDDED Bunyaville state forest. I have a feeling i'm going to need to up the chainring size to a 34, 30 just seems a bit small now... :(

Would a shortcage x9 have any problems with a 34t ring and an 11-34 9 speed cassette?

rone

Eats Squid
Would a shortcage x9 have any problems with a 34t ring and an 11-34 9 speed cassette?
As a general rule I use short cage for a 1x9, mid cage for a 2x9 and long cage for a 3x9 setup. If you are running a single chainring, a shortie will be fine, unless you've got some bizarro chain growth rear suspension setup. I run a Saint short cage on a Demo 9 no problem. Just ensure you're running the correct length chain.