Post your all mountain bike

Damienp

Likes Dirt
NO ISCG mounts. They have a custom MRP guide? (One of them anyway) that bolts onto one of the pivots and the BB.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not really a am bike, more 4x but i use it mostly for am riding. just needs some new forks, a new paint job and its done!

bpow

Likes Dirt
lovin the nomad! was on my list when looking to buy, I also like the butcher, santa cruz bikes look sweet. How do they ride?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Super-freakin-Jealous. Does that frame have ISCG mounts?
part built, waiting for forks to arrive and hand to heal

no ISCG tabs but you can get 2 MRP devices for it, a mini G and an SL
SL only 114grams
this is it

JBR

Likes Dirt
lovin the nomad! was on my list when looking to buy, I also like the butcher, santa cruz bikes look sweet. How do they ride?
Nomad rides great, suspension design works so well. My build def on the aggressive side of AM, but such a capable ride. Never ridden app so can't say much on the butcher. I wonder how effected the suspension is under braking, in the end it's still a single pivot?

Nomad is certainly a capable bike, depending on what's being ridden I'd have to say the blt is another option, especially the updated model with the tapered steerer setup (not talking carbon).

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
I wonder how effected the suspension is under braking, in the end it's still a single pivot?
You should know better than that by now! The type of suspension design a bike has doesn't determine it's performance (for any parameter), the execution of the design does.

Back on topic; you gonna ride that on Tuesday? I might actually have a (slim) chance to beat you up the hills...

JBR

Likes Dirt
You should know better than that by now! The type of suspension design a bike has doesn't determine it's performance (for any parameter), the execution of the design does.

Back on topic; you gonna ride that on Tuesday? I might actually have a (slim) chance to beat you up the hills...

From my rudimentary understanding of suspension the linkages on the butcher serve to change the shock path/leverage ratio and not wheel path, and will not dissipate wheel torque under braking into the frame rather than the suspension like a vpp or maestro style suspension would/does, hence the suspension will stiffen under braking. But thats the limit of my knowledge!

Anyways yes Ill ride it tomorrow at Menai. Hope rain holds off.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
the planets are starting to align.....

rear mech turned up today, thumb is almost healed....

just waiting on forks and a couple of minor upgraded items now.....

A