Post your all mountain bike

shane0

Likes Bikes
2012-12-23 16.57.52.jpg

My am rig. Bought from these forums, been riding for about 4 months now and loving it!
Upgraded a few parts since the photo.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I've posted this before but it's had a couple of upgrades since..........
XT 2x10 (28/40 chainrings, 11/36 cassette) with the shadow + rear mech.
XT brakes with Ice-Tech rotors.
TWE rear wheel.
Bionic C-guide (a bit redundant now I've got the shadow +).

Gee, this bike looks familiar, looking good Ian!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Maybe its the time you've spent sweaking the gears and brakes???????? I'd buy you a beer if you drank it, but the mineral oil will have to do.........
It is worth it, i love this bike, it gets used properly and keeps coming back for more!

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Maybe its the time you've spent sweaking the gears and brakes???????? I'd buy you a beer if you drank it, but the mineral oil will have to do.........
It is worth it, i love this bike, it gets used properly and keeps coming back for more!
i'll drink any beer that's going....

'Lee trail is looking pretty good, apart from the sandcastle berms!!!! most aren't even on the race line
probably ride there again this eve

BM Epic

Eats Squid
i'll drink any beer that's going....

'Lee trail is looking pretty good, apart from the sandcastle berms!!!! most aren't even on the race line
probably ride there again this eve
I have given it its name, "deliverance", delivers you to the fall line and so on!..it is now complete and waiting for minor tweaks here and there!

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just got the Pitch back rolling with MkIII! MkII can be found here

Blew up the original shock riding at Buxton on a 35 degree day. The oil just boiled straight out and left me with zero rebound damping. Always wanted to upgrade to a larger bodied shock so the new CTD one should do well. Changed out the 36's for Revelations and dropped over 400g, changed out the wheels and lost another 400g meaning even with the addition of the LEV post it's still lighter than it was before!

Hitting up Forrest on Monday. Keen.

Irck

Likes Bikes

Blew up the original shock riding at Buxton on a 35 degree day. The oil just boiled straight out and left me with zero rebound damping. Always wanted to upgrade to a larger bodied shock so the new CTD one should do well. Changed out the 36's for Revelations and dropped over 400g, changed out the wheels and lost another 400g meaning even with the addition of the LEV post it's still lighter than it was before!

Nice bike. Does it ride much different with the new shock / fork?

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

That's awesome man, glad to see I'm not the only one still rocking an older alloy trail frame.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike. Does it ride much different with the new shock / fork?
Heaps different. The new forks aren't quite so high and weigh over 400g less so the bike climbs better. The CTD shock is also brilliant, in climb mode it basically rides like a hardtail which is nice on the smooth grinding ascents.

That's awesome man, glad to see I'm not the only one still rocking an older alloy trail frame.
Yeah when I blew up my rear shock I was also in two minds about how the bike was riding with the big forks up front. Tossed up buying a whole new bike but I know that this frame will last for ages with the occasional bearing replacement. Love the way it rides with all the new parts too. Dropper posts are one of the best inventions for trail riding ever. Only other thing I might change is to go with a new clutched derailleur and a top guide only, ditching the Straitline Silent. My mate just changed his drivetrain to that setup and it's awesome.

Faeros

Likes Bikes
Thought I might add to the party. Day after first ride out and about 3 days after it was finished. Pretty dull phone photo and it makes the bike look squished or something along those lines?... Anyway was a beast, just wants to jump around everywhere and I had my first crash on it in about 1.5yrs. Left shoulder straight into a rock. >.<

IMG_030.jpg

ChopSticks

Banned
2013 Mojo HD w 2013 Fox 36 180 and full XX.

Excuse the dodgy phone pics.

danggg such a sexy looking bike !!! awesome colour choice ! i would've gone with the same :D (but black forks)

the Ibis was on my list of bikes when I went shopping...its such a shame that a bike like that has no internal cable routing.

you must also be a rare few who clamp there dropper on the right :)

danggg such a sexy looking bike !!! awesome colour choice ! i would've gone with the same :D (but black forks)

the Ibis was on my list of bikes when I went shopping...its such a shame that a bike like that has no internal cable routing.

you must also be a rare few who clamp there dropper on the right :)
The cable routing does leave a little to be desired but it is such a minor flaw on a brilliant bike. Can't wait to get it out on the trails.

Black forks are only available in the TALAS this year.

The clamping was done by the LBS. It probably will be better moved over to the left so as not to get in the way of shifting.

Last edited:

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
I clamp mine on the right ... but after thinking about it i might change it to the left as it gets in the way of shifting abit