Post your all mountain bike

scblack

Leucocholic
Man that slopestyle is borderline a DH machine!
Does it go up ok??
Its described as a mini 951 which is exactly right. Other than plowing through rock gardens (due to lack of travel) it does everything a 951 can do. Only lighter. The suspension honestly does feel bottomless.

And I'm surprised how well it does climb. Just sit down and chug away. Sometimes will have to stand and move weight around over obstacles but with the 10spd gears its great. The VPP2 suspension just lets the rear tyre grip very well. Longer travel fork does need some muscling about but its quite light (well compared to my old BOS Idylle) so can be dealt with easy.

Its the best all-round bike I've ever come across - but as you say leaning to DH which I prefer. Next week I'll do some laps of Lake Parra on Tuesday night so will see how it compares with some lighter XC type bikes. I had a Norco ALine Park before and it was just a pig to ride around with my kids, so I found something lighter but which is able to bomb basically all DH tracks (at least to my ability).

Bodin

GMBC
Man that slopestyle is borderline a DH machine!
Does it go up ok??
Its described as a mini 951 which is exactly right. Other than plowing through rock gardens (due to lack of travel) it does everything a 951 can do. Only lighter. The suspension honestly does feel bottomless.

And I'm surprised how well it does climb. Just sit down and chug away. Sometimes will have to stand and move weight around over obstacles but with the 10spd gears its great. The VPP2 suspension just lets the rear tyre grip very well. Longer travel fork does need some muscling about but its quite light (well compared to my old BOS Idylle) so can be dealt with easy.

Its the best all-round bike I've ever come across - but as you say leaning to DH which I prefer. Next week I'll do some laps of Lake Parra on Tuesday night so will see how it compares with some lighter XC type bikes. I had a Norco ALine Park before and it was just a pig to ride around with my kids, so I found something lighter but which is able to bomb basically all DH tracks (at least to my ability).
It's what I call a "Whistler Bike". Amazing machines - rode the first version at Whistler back in 2011 and was blown away by what it can handle and do. This looks to have raised the bar by a long way over the one I rode.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's my outgoing AM rig.
IMG_3060Copy.jpg

Gary Fisher Roscoe II
Mostly X0 group apart from the cranks, Sun Ringle Chargers pretty stock apart from that and the carbon bars.
It's been a good thing over the years but I've just purchased a Carbine so it has to go. I'm still haven't come to terms with selling it, but when the Mrs finds out that there's another bike in the stable something will have to give....

scblack

Leucocholic
It's what I call a "Whistler Bike". Amazing machines - rode the first version at Whistler back in 2011 and was blown away by what it can handle and do. This looks to have raised the bar by a long way over the one I rode.
Yep, perfect park bike. If only we had any bike parks in Aus.......

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Few updates since I last posted this beast. Now has a dropper (finally), X9 Type-2, The Tundra 2 Saddle (so much comfier then the Gobi!) and a Specialized Clutch tyre on the front. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out on it much due to school, but 2 weeks to go!

P1010905.jpg

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been loving this bike after the past month, zee mech sitting in the garage waiting to be put on.. still contemplating getting a dropper

p4pb10258666.jpg
p4pb10258665.jpg

Edit: Also Mr Kurt looks like you're missing a chain ring bolt

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good eye! I lost it months ago, haven't had any problems yet, but if I lose another I guess I'll need a new set haha

scblack

Leucocholic
Nice rig scblack ... needs a dropper :)

Love the orange.
Yes - I know this fellow who sells some - I'll have to contact him. ;-)

Honestly I have not fitted one, but from what I know it will be a pretty short fit - there's not much seat tube to put it in.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Few updates since I last posted this beast. Now has a dropper (finally), X9 Type-2, The Tundra 2 Saddle (so much comfier then the Gobi!) and a Specialized Clutch tyre on the front. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out on it much due to school, but 2 weeks to go!
Nice Heckler! How do you find the 1x drive train? I'm thinking of converting mine to a 2x10 as I never use the granny.

Might as well post up mine (still rockin' the 04 frame!). It's been a while since I updated my PYR thread, but here's a pic I took yesterday before a ride. Bought some new tyres, the rear is a Minion DHR and the front is a Hans Damph, which is the first time I've used one. First impressions are great. Nothing like some new rubber to inspire confidence!

Excuse the dodgy iPhone pic..

Latest.jpg

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Have been loving this bike after the past month, zee mech sitting in the garage waiting to be put on.. still contemplating getting a dropper

Edit: Also Mr Kurt looks like you're missing a chain ring bolt
Stop contemplating and get one, I've not long gone the stealth reverb and love it, I'm no pinner, but, the extra confidence you'll get riding down steeper trails is awesome!

Good eye! I lost it months ago, haven't had any problems yet, but if I lose another I guess I'll need a new set haha
Lose another one and there is a good chance you'll need a new chain ring, 2 weeks ago at Mt Joyce, got to the bottom of Bovine Groove and a mate was having issues with chain skipping on the front, looked down and noticed a bent chain ring, looked closer and was missing 2 bolts.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice Heckler! How do you find the 1x drive train? I'm thinking of converting mine to a 2x10 as I never use the granny.
I love it. I had 1X9 before hand however, but the shifting shits all over my regular XO. Plus, the clutch mech thing reduces so much chain slap it's not funny.

Lose another one and there is a good chance you'll need a new chain ring, 2 weeks ago at Mt Joyce, got to the bottom of Bovine Groove and a mate was having issues with chain skipping on the front, looked down and noticed a bent chain ring, looked closer and was missing 2 bolts.
What a shame ;) Might need to replace it with a wolftooth :pray2:

Michae1

Likes Dirt
I love it. I had 1X9 before hand however, but the shifting shits all over my regular XO. Plus, the clutch mech thing reduces so much chain slap it's not funny.

What a shame ;) Might need to replace it with a wolftooth :pray2:
Shitty thing is his was about a week or so old raceface NW! :mad2:

searly01

Likes Bikes
2011 Big Hit
Definitely not the lightest rig, coming in at ~18kgs, but hellva lot of fun.

Fox 36 RLC
Van RC
X9/X7 2x9
Elixir CR
Blacx dropper post

Hopefully next on the list is an air shock of some description.

1.jpg

abaser666

Likes Bikes
2011 Big Hit
Definitely not the lightest rig, coming in at ~18kgs, but hellva lot of fun.

Fox 36 RLC
Van RC
X9/X7 2x9
Elixir CR
Blacx dropper post

Hopefully next on the list is an air shock of some description.

View attachment 276045
ha ha! here I was thinking I was the only nutbag attempting to turn a dh bike into something peddalable! good luck bro, your going to have serious quads after a few rides!

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
ha ha! here I was thinking I was the only nutbag attempting to turn a dh bike into something peddalable! good luck bro, your going to have serious quads after a few rides!
No there are a few out there who use a 7 - 8in frame as a "all mountain" type bike. They can be an absolute b!tch to pedal especially on/up/along tight-ish technically single trail

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Was hoping to have it finished for some Sunday shuttles out at Mt Joyce with BMS but after calling the distro yesterday found out my shock wasn't in their latest shipment as it was meant to be. Still hopefull i can find a loaner for the weekend.

Nomad C with a yet to arrive CCDB CS, Pike 160, running mostly XT with a Saint rear mech 1x10, Crossmax SX tubeless, Answer Bar, Thomson stem, KS Supernatural, and Time pedals.

Can't wait to get it dirty.
Yes yes yes yes yes this is amazing, Marty. I miss my Nomad so bad.

Bodin

GMBC
Dropper posts

I was a skeptic, but I'm currently doing the rounds of Rotorua and have to admit I'm now a total convert.

I ride a Trek Fuel and the ability to switch from a DH feel to an XC feel and back to a DH feel just by moving my thumb is opening my riding up more than anything else I could have bolted to my bike. Definitely making my bike feel like a proper "all-mountain" bike.

Well worth the cost and weight penalty IMO. I'm almost using it more than my gears at times on the trails.

FYI I'm using a Stealth Reverb, but just had a quick play with a new KS internally-routed post and it felt nicer than mine, but not so different that I'd bother changing. Starting from scratch, though, I'd go the KS.