Post your all mountain bike

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BTW does the lower guide on the 301 do anything? I thought clutched mechs kinda made them redundant? (Honest question).
The chain guide is excellent. I don't use the clutch mechanism on the derailleur. I ordered a regular XT and this one turned up at the lbs. If I use the clutch with the guide it won't get the two easiest gears properly.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Here's my recently purchased All-Mountain Steed!

2014 Norco Sight 7.2 Alloy

Everything stock as a rock except:

Bars: Renthal Fat Bars 740mm
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 27.5 x 2.25mm
Pedals: DMR V8
Drivetrain: 1x10 on its way!!

Next: Dropper post or Crank Bros Mallet Pedals & new Shoes.
Loving how it's feeling so far. So much nicer ride compared to the hardtail. Really opening up my ability and confidence as a new rider.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Here's my recently purchased All-Mountain Steed!

2014 Norco Sight 7.2 Alloy

Everything stock as a rock except:

Bars: Renthal Fat Bars 740mm
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 27.5 x 2.25mm
Pedals: DMR V8
Drivetrain: 1x10 on its way!!

Next: Dropper post or Crank Bros Mallet Pedals & new Shoes.
Loving how it's feeling so far. So much nicer ride compared to the hardtail. Really opening up my ability and confidence as a new rider.
Looks good mate, it won't disappoint.
Is that a RS Monarch on the back? Does it have the tune labelled? The Xfusion on my 2013 Sight has given up on me, thinking about a Monarch to replace it..

Beej1

Dunno what you mean about the tune being labelled
It also has M L on the side.
That is the tune labelling. Yours is Medium Tune for rebound, Low tune for compression.

I see they've made their shock rebound barrels easier to turn. Bout time.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Sure is mate :D Dunno what you mean about the tune being labelled but heres a close up piccy

It also has M L on the side.

Hope this helps. Feels nice to ride on so far :D
Thanks dude. Good to hear - just went for a Fox CTD from this forum, by lucky coincidence also a Medium/Low Tune. Looks like I won't need to worry too much about getting it adjusted.

durtgeek

Cannon Fodder
New to this forum anyway so might as well post here first :)

Had it not quite a month and in love :D

Have a Cube hard tail I was using for AM et al before picking this up as well as an old Giant AC3 and a road bike. N+1.....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
New to this forum anyway so might as well post here first :)

Had it not quite a month and in love :D

Have a Cube hard tail I was using for AM et al before picking this up as well as an old Giant AC3 and a road bike. N+1.....
That's a Trek what?

I'm in love with my new Remedy myself too.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, too!

marc.r

Likes Dirt
If I was buying a trek i'd want to go the slash over the remedy just because of how awsome the colour is. the kermit green remedy would probobly be better suited to my riding but I think id learn to live with pedaling uphill with the 170mm slash if it looked like that.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I have the Green 2013 Remedy and she aint a pretty bike.

Rides well but looks like crap.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I attended one of Trek's demo days recently with the idea being that I was already sold on a new Remedy but wanted to ride a Slash just to rule it out (everyone on the internets was saying the Slash was too close to their DH bikes). Glad I went and rode them both back to back, as I was completely wrong in all my assumptions. The Remedy was good but the Slash was just that much better, I didn't notice much penalty on the climbs but on the descents the Slash was just wow and nothing like my DH bike (way more fun). Needless to say, Slash on the way.

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
My trail bike almost completely altered from stock:

IMG_0736V2.jpg

FRAME: M5 hydroformed tubing, EVO geometry, tapered HT, PF30 BB, ISCG ’05, Command Post routing, 142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 150mm travel (custom paint job)

REAR SHOCK: Custom Fox RP2 with AUTOSAG, ProPedal and rebound adj., SJ FSR eyelet extension, 197x51mm

FORK: Fox 36 Kashima 20mm axle 160mm

HEADSET: 1-1/8 and 1-1/2" Threadless, Campy style upper with 1-1/2" lower, cartridge bearings

STEMS: Raceface Turbine 50mm

HANDLEBAR: Easton Havoc Carbon 750mm

GRIPS: ODI Ruffian

FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ice Tech 180mm rotor

REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ice Tech 180mm rotor

FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A

REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM XX1

SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM XX1

CASSETTE: XX1 10 - 42t

CHAIN: XX1

CRANKSET: Sram XO carbon

CHAINRINGS: Works Components Narrow/Wide 32t

BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM PF30, OS press-in bearing (alloy, not plastic)

PEDALS: XT Trail

RIMS: Stans EX Flow

FRONT HUB: Hope Pro 2 Evo 32h

REAR HUB: Hope Pro 2 Evo 32h

FRONT TYRE: Specialized Butcher Control, 60 TPI, 2Bliss ready, aramid bead, dual-compound, 26x2.3" tubeless

REAR TYRE: Specialized Butcher Control, 60 TPI, 2Bliss ready, aramid bead, dual-compound, 26x2.3" tubeless

SADDLE: Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm width

SEATPOST: Rockshox Reverb 125mm drop

SEAT BINDER: 34.9mm clamp ID, 7050 hard anodized alloy collar, single bolt

TOTAL WEIGHT: 12.6 kg

Attachments

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
My trail bike almost completely altered from stock:

View attachment 277111
Mate That stumpy evo looks the business. I'd be interested to see an on the scale reading. I have no idea how your down at 12.6kg, but whatever you have done it's working! what size frame do you have?
Running flow rims and butchers with a fox 36 seems to light to be true. If it's right then that's one sweet setup and would be an all mountain dominating machine, love it!