Post your all mountain bike

macguffin

Likes Dirt
Whilst drooling my way through this thread, two questions kept occurring to me.

How come all the long cage rear derailleurs? and...
How much fucking money do you carnts have!!! :jaw: (in some cases, probably a lot less than you used to have!)

My god, I'm envious!!!

Nice work all!

Last edited:

macguffin

Likes Dirt
no kids. practical wife. we get what we want, we're worth it :)
This is undoubtedly true! Must admit to being in somewhat the same boat. Wife and I have 4 bikes between us. If I sold a few I could get something worthy of these pages. Just can't bear to part with any of them! 1 bike is not enough!!

Seriously, my post was taking the piss somewhat. I am in awe of some of the rigs posted here. Quite happy with what I have. May even post it up when some more bits arrive!

Last edited:

mshagg

Likes Bikes
Just put the finishing touches on the new trance with a set of flows and some schwalbe tractor tyres. Nice day for a pedal, too.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haven't posted in here before but this is my Nomad. I've been riding it for a little while now and I love it!

Just a fraction under 12.50kg. There's nothing you can't ride on one of these. :bounce:

1398640_10153373161255261_1601529371_o.jpg

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
WOW!
12.5kg? How is that possible?
Could you list the spec please?
Should be doable. Mine was ~13.5 with massive 2.4 Rubber Queen/Ardent combo on 521s and with some other heavy bits. Such a fucking great frame. Not as lush as the new crop of carbon frames around (or its carbon counterpart) but so versatile and now fantastic value for money. Love the green, too. Nice.

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Trance looks good! Hope to pick one up in a few days pending a test ride! Did you rebuild the wheels with the flows? Or did you get a 142mm hub?

Just put the finishing touches on the new trance with a set of flows and some schwalbe tractor tyres. Nice day for a pedal, too.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WOW!
12.5kg? How is that possible?
Could you list the spec please?
I'll edit my post later in the week with a full spec but the wheels are 1650g a set, top schwalbe tires and tubeless helped a lot.

Last edited:

mshagg

Likes Bikes
Trance looks good! Hope to pick one up in a few days pending a test ride! Did you rebuild the wheels with the flows? Or did you get a 142mm hub?
Hi mate. Nah ordered set of hope hoops with the flow rims. Still running QR on the rear wheel - the hope hoops come with a QR adapter. Couple of things to be aware of if you go down a similar path:

- Front hope hoops with flow ex ship with QR and 20mm axle adapters. You'll need to purchase the 15mm adapter seperately (they have them at CRC).

- If you're going to a 142mm rear axle, you need new dropouts. Giant can't currently supply these :censored: Im told "in a few weeks".

nickg78

Likes Dirt
Pic from Kentlyn (Sydney) on Sat. A hot and humid morning. One thing I have learnt about this bike is that you need always be pushing it to see its potential, its not happy just strolling around.
photo.jpg

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that.. that is what I was wondering.. I know they have to replace the dropouts etc so they can run a 142 on the rear. The bike shops I have asked about it don't seem to know very much!! Annoying I agree! The wheels would be the first big upgrade down the line. How do the new wheels compare to the factory wheels weight wise?

Nick

Hi mate. Nah ordered set of hope hoops with the flow rims. Still running QR on the rear wheel - the hope hoops come with a QR adapter. Couple of things to be aware of if you go down a similar path:

- Front hope hoops with flow ex ship with QR and 20mm axle adapters. You'll need to purchase the 15mm adapter seperately (they have them at CRC).

- If you're going to a 142mm rear axle, you need new dropouts. Giant can't currently supply these :censored: Im told "in a few weeks".

mshagg

Likes Bikes
Um, i havent weighed them myself but i understand the 650b flow EXs/hopes weigh about the same as the std pxcr2s (1900g give or take). You get a lot more wheel for the weight though - the flows are insanely wide. Lost some weight going tubeless I guess - I didnt bother trying to convert the stock rims.