Post your all mountain bike

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Niiiice. Dream frame there. Is that the medium? Any creaks?
It's actually a large, but they do run smaller, but it is pretty much a perfect fit for me. (5'10", 30" inseam, Longish torso, shortish legs)

So did I until I changed to 1 x.
I'd definitely be walking some hills on 1x. I'm sure I'd get stronger but I just don't get enough time to get out and train up!

rtd

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the write up MrZ32, sounds like a hoot, love different, out of the ordinary bikes like that. A friend of mine has an old red bb7 that's collecting dust in his shed. It used to be hot as $hit back in highschool when we all used to ride downhill together..

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the write up MrZ32, sounds like a hoot, love different, out of the ordinary bikes like that. A friend of mine has an old red bb7 that's collecting dust in his shed. It used to be hot as $hit back in highschool when we all used to ride downhill together..
Which year is it? If she is in decent condition, it could be an absolute riot...

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My reign as it currently rolls

I have replaced the deore stuff with a mix of SLX (cranks) XT (brakes and cluster) and zee.
Gone 1x10 with revolution components 30t NW front ring and 40t range extender
Replaced the giant dropper and seat with a KS LEV integra and my old gobi.

Somewhere around 13kg which I'm rather happy with for a bike like this.

Will try the new 11speed xt on it when I can get my hands on some. And maybe look at some new wheels and rear shock.
like it. mines 1x10 and weighs in at 14.5 for a large. where do you reckon the biggest weight loss is??

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
the saddle bag and lack of dropper post on this bike...... most curious.......
Saddle bag has a spare tube and a multi tool... Very handy things to have on the bike at all times!

I need a set back post (there are some droppers that are setback, but not a lot of choice) and can get over the back of the seat fairly easily...

JBR

Likes Dirt
Saddle bag has a spare tube and a multi tool... Very handy things to have on the bike at all times!

I need a set back post (there are some droppers that are setback, but not a lot of choice) and can get over the back of the seat fairly easily...

I cant really say much to be honest... I wear a bright purple fanny pack when I ride to carry my spares in.....

Whats the reason behind needing a set back post?

I actually have the exact same frame :)

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
I cant really say much to be honest... I wear a bright purple fanny pack when I ride to carry my spares in.....

Whats the reason behind needing a set back post?

I actually have the exact same frame :)
I usually have a camelbak with me, but it's got really small pockets so can't really fit a tube. I carry patches, etc just in case and a tube swap is a last resort. That said, *touch wood* I haven't had a flat for years.

I have funny knees, something to do with having a longish tibia, I need the seat further back or my knees become very painful. I have about 25-30mm setback or so, I wish I didn't need it it would mean a dropper :) (My knees are also very sensitive to saddle height, so once I set my height it stays there unless it hurts!)

They are awesome, but I don't ride hard enough yet, so i've got to start going bigger & harder!

Updated my spec-enduro to a spitfire a year ago. Just updated the spitfire to a rune. The enduro was cool, the spitfire was great but this thing is awesome. If you ever get the chance, try one!

Attachments

dh1

Likes Dirt
Updated my spec-enduro to a spitfire a year ago. Just updated the spitfire to a rune. The enduro was cool, the spitfire was great but this thing is awesome. If you ever get the chance, try one!
Nice! Have a spitfire on the way, can't wait

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Nice build. I'm looking at either a spitty or a rune myself, currently ride a remedy. I'm curious as to why you swapped out from the spitfire to the rune, what was it that you felt spitfire wasn't enough for?
cheers

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
People probably sick of me asking - how tall are you/what size frame did you go with? I emailed Defcon cycles a while ago, still haven't heard from them, I'm really keen on this bike after all I heard.