Post your all mountain bike

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Ibex

The Onza Ibex is an brilliant tyre, very much a similar tread pattern to a minion. Great grip and nice tough sidewalls. I really rate them but never see them on others bikes. Warning they are huge ( baby plus size), the 2.4 dwarfs a 2.4 Hans dampt. Also set up tubeless very easily. Would def buy again

madstace

Likes Dirt
The Onza Ibex is an brilliant tyre, very much a similar tread pattern to a minion. Great grip and nice tough sidewalls. I really rate them but never see them on others bikes. Warning they are huge ( baby plus size), the 2.4 dwarfs a 2.4 Hans dampt. Also set up tubeless very easily. Would def buy again
I'd say they're much closer to High Rollers (I used to call mine HR2 copies). They are definitely great tyres but after comparing them to Minion DHR2s, I'd say the minions are better. Less rolling resistance and better cornering support. Shame the 2.4 DHR2 is so much heavier though, the one thing the Ibex does really well is get the durability to weight balance right.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
barely a bob in the rear end when on the flats/climbing. Out of the saddle it firms right up with a good amount of anti-squat. Tried the climb switch once but haven't used since then, simply not needed.

Super fun and capable bike

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
barely a bob in the rear end when on the flats/climbing. Out of the saddle it firms right up with a good amount of anti-squat. Tried the climb switch once but haven't used since then, simply not needed.

Super fun and capable bike
Like I said. I wish you hadn't. I'm trying not to look at new bikes and this is making me get all weak and needy. To hear she pedals well just makes it worse. No negatives at all for my rational brain to hold on to?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like I said. I wish you hadn't. I'm trying not to look at new bikes and this is making me get all weak and needy. To hear she pedals well just makes it worse. No negatives at all for my rational brain to hold on to?
Only negative is weight. with the Cane Creek shock and big tyres it weighs in at 13.5kg. Not exactly portly but put those same components on my old Evil Following and it comes out to 12.5kg. I think from memory the frame was 900g heavier. But we're talking carbon vs aluminium here too.

Bodin

GMBC
Speaking of pedalling uphill, how do you rate the oval chainring? I have one in the mail on its way to me and keen to know whether I've made a mistake or not. It seems people love or hate them, not many "meh..." responses...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quite like it actually, still running a round ring on my hardtail and it only takes a minute to adjust either way. But it always feels nicer jumping on the bike with the oval ring. When going back to the round ring it feels like it has hard spots in it compared to the oval, if that makes sense.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only negative is weight. with the Cane Creek shock and big tyres it weighs in at 13.5kg. Not exactly portly but put those same components on my old Evil Following and it comes out to 12.5kg. I think from memory the frame was 900g heavier. But we're talking carbon vs aluminium here too.
That's very interesting. Weight always counts, especially a kg. Not to derail the thread, but why move from the Following to the Riot. From what I read the Following is supposed to make you want to sell the kids off to the circus to afford one after just one ride. PM me if you'd rather not state openly. :^)

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got longer legs in proportion to my height. The Evil has a really slack seat tube angle therefore I end up having my weight pretty far back making it a bit hard to weight the front on steep climbs. The only other negative is the 120mm single pivot rear end gets a little overwhelmed on chunky stuff/fast chatter. Not that it slows you down at all. Second best bike I've ever owned. I guess you could count lack of shock choice a negative but the Monarch performs really nicely.

The Riot has a steeper STA and a really nice plush 140mm of travel that's more composed on the downs, still just as efficient on the climbs. Just feels like more of a rounded bike for my size. The 66.5°head angle combined with a 416mm chainstays makes it a super fun trail bike. Once they bring out a carbon version and drop that weight it'll be more of a monster than it already is. The fact that I'm no slower on climbs and the flats shows that it hides it's weight really well (down low and in the centre).

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
After a year of riding a HT for a year and getting into the sport i decided it was time to take the plunge and get a decent bike for my riding style, ended up with a Focus and can't wait to get out to the trails with it

Attachments

GRPABT1

Likes Dirt
2016 Rocky Mountain Altitude 799 custom build

Finally got my dropper post and gave it a good workout today on a 65km ride with 1000m elevation. Needless to say I was a little tired after that lol. This is build is finally finished how I like it, that is unless a 27.5+ tyre comes out that is actually aggressive and and then I'll fit one to the front, maybe with one of the new Ohlins 29er forks.

Attachments

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Nice Rocky there. Mines two pages back. Still think they should of put an integrated chain stay protector on it. It's my first carbon bike so I ended up putting a nukeproof down tube protector on mine.. Lovely colour by the way

Ideate

This is build is finally finished how I like it, that is unless a 27.5+ tyre comes out that is actually aggressive...
I was thinking this today. All the plus tyres are rubbish at the moment and I reckon I could fit one into my metrics (I actually have no idea but I'd try).

Here's my spitfire with new LB 38's. They were for the Darkside but I think I'll keep them on the spitty 8)

Z

Zaf

I was thinking this today. All the plus tyres are rubbish at the moment and I reckon I could fit one into my metrics (I actually have no idea but I'd try).

Here's my spitfire with new LB 38's. They were for the Darkside but I think I'll keep them on the spitty 8)

M90, you got the wrong fake stickers! Need some M70's.
Better yet, there's no shame in riding light bicycles, they're good wheels, call that Shovel a Shovel!

Ideate

M90, you got the wrong fake stickers! Need some M70's.
Better yet, there's no shame in riding light bicycles, they're good wheels, call that Shovel a Shovel!
I definitely got the right decals. I would've got M100's if they made them. Might ask slik to custom make me some ;) There's definitely no shame in owning some LB's. I'd feel more embarrassed wasting money on a real set of Enve's. I'll always call them what they are but I just like the look better than the LB decals.

Its interesting that people are so opinionated about putting Enve decals on LB rims. I had no such reaction to Deemax stickers on MTX 33's..?