Post your all mountain bike

geoz

Likes Bikes
Didn't spot you all weekend, chief!
I think the Nomad blends in well with all the Yetis and the hire Giants. Colorwise.
I was on family duty on Friday (Bridal trail and Village trail), on the Flow trail (and at the First Aid station) on Saturday and yesterday we all rode to Crackenback (my wife on my old Nomad C, my 9yo on her Commencal Supreme 24 and my niece on the old Nomad) and then I rode back up. I am grateful for the 1x11 and the 27.5 wheels. :)
Will go up again this arvo.

geoz

Likes Bikes
Half an hour ago up at Eagles Nest.
Love the bike except the fact that both calipers are binding. Probably because they were on my wife's bike and didn't get used much. Time for a rebuild.
I really like the suspension, much less chatter than on my old Nomad with the Fox suspension. The position on the bike is much more stretched and took me a bit getting used to.
Overall an excellent bike, both uphill and more so down.

Time for one more ride before the lift closes.

uploadfromtaptalk1459138713250.jpg

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Let the new build begin- Carbon and steel. Starting with a 2016 honzo steel frame, and a carbocage seatpost clamp.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Will be interesting to see what you can get the weight down to! Such a fun bike, wish I never sold mine. Would do serious things for the Ti version :spy:

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
I'm aiming for around 13.5kg with a solid build; will know sometime next week I suspect. And yes, the ti version is stunning; just couldn't spend 3k on a frame only!

Fitted the new Tune bubi headset; always a bit scary using threaded rod and wood blocks for this, but came up fine and who's got a headset press at home?
Had a pair of barely used 1st gen e13 cranks laying around for a few years. Ground off the Granny tabs which I'll never use to save 15gm, be able to call them "custom" cranks, and have the satisfaction of hacking into perfectly good metalwork!

Z

Zaf

Mate, a length of all thread and some panel washers does the trick!
Dunno what my Honzo weighs, never cared to weigh it. What other build bits are you throwin on it and how much did you meet the frame for?

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
I'm definitely going to try it with a plus rear wheel at some point. Just finished building the rear wheel; Derby 29er rim 30mm internal width, cx-ray spokes and Syntace hub, cane in at 876gm without tape or valve. Front wheel tomorrow.
Running a KS Lev non integra that I've had laying around, xfusion trace unicrown fork with roughcut damper, 50mm syntace megaforce2 stem and 760mm Syntace carbon bar. Brakes will be old slx that have been hanging in the cupboard. For now drivetrain will be xt 10spd from the parts box, will upgrade to 11spd once shimano brings out 11-46 cassette. 2.4" conti mountain king rear, magic mary 2.35" front tyre. That's about it!

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Did you manage to fit 27.5+ wheels on? Can't tell from pics.

Edit: looks rad by the way 10/10.
Thanks mate; just fitted orange esi grips to take it to 11. Haven't tried plus yet; will give it a razz on the 2.4" 29ers for a bit first. I'm pretty sure a smaller plus tyre will fit, maybe not 3"...

slowmick

38-39"
The Honzo is a purdy looking bike. am loving the finish on the frame. Are you short or does the post have a hug amount of drop?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks like your forks are running the Roughcut damper, could you throw out a little review after you've tested them please.