Post your all mountain bike

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure how that Evil rides, but on looks alone it's a beauty! That Eagle cassette looks the same size as the rear rotor too! It's a great looking bike and hopefully a winner on the trail.

And unless the bite was from a shark or a velociraptor, I'd be on that bike now! :^)

full spec / weights?

placebo

Likes Dirt
Quarq with 34 tooth ring. 34 on eagle gives a slightly lower bottom than 30/42 on 11s and taller gears for descents.

placebo

Likes Dirt
It keeps you off the really small cogs, and I think gives less chain slap and better chain security when going the same speed over rough ground, but a couple of cogs further up the cassette.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
for sure. more teeth on the chain is better.

i read something a while back about the smaller cogs having less of a "round" rotation as well.. if you think of an 8t cog, it's almost going to be an octagon on how the chain wraps around it.

Pic of my Norco Sight A7.1 2016
Not much done
ODI Grips
DMR vault pedals
AB Oval ring
Enduro collar for the Reverb
Converted to tubless

image.jpg

Last edited:
Do those Enduro collars scratch the stanchion at all?
Does not seem to have done any damage. I fitted it and have forgotten about it and it has not moved one bit with my fat ass slamming it down frequently with a loud metal on metal clunk. I would take it off and have a look but cant find my Torx bit to fit it. It's one of the most worthwhile mods I have done and enables me to pedal in both positions. The Oval ring has actually made it just so much better and worthwhile pedalling with the seat down. Just as efficient as with the seat up IMO.

dj jedijunglesnow

Likes Dirt
My BH Lynx 4.8.

X Fusion Trace fork; 140-110 mm travel adjust.
Rockshox Reverb
Chinese carbon 30mm internal wheels
Absolute Black 36T ring with Sunrace 10 speed 10-40 rear cassette
Xpedo Spry magnesium flats

Yeww!

Attachments

nice rig...heres mine...

lets say the bug hits hard...monies get spent...

not much left that is oem :/
Yep, very nice, sweet coily.

Next on my list is Carbon bars and a shorter stem, properly add some more bands to the rear shock too to give a bit more support. The Pikes have 2 tokens and that's bang on at the moment and the shock has 2 bands but is lacking.

If I can't get the Monarch to a level I'm happy with I'll look at some other options. Seen a DVO fork on a bike last week and copped a feel. More plush than the Pike, probably due to the fact that the neg side has a helper coil spring which is adjustable. Maybe an upgrade later and very green too.

Last edited:

aanon

Likes Dirt
Just finished this last night, Grey fork stickers going on then she's done.
Banshee Phantom. Pretty keen to give big wheels and small travel a go, should be fun and fast on most Adelaide trails, well, I hope so. First ride in about an hour.

Attachments

aanon

Likes Dirt
Grey stickers and that'll look nice mate. How was the first ride?
Promising, started with a fire road climb and despite being less than light it motored up pretty good, keeps good pace on flat single track and the bomb down, on high speed rock was better than expected, tracked true and for 105mm rear I was impressed. My other rides are ROS9 and 2016 Carbon Enduro and it sat between them on the downs pace wise. Bigger ride tomorrow and will play with suspension air pressure and tyre pressures a bit, all in all , feeling good.