Post your all mountain/ light freeride bike

cookieman1717

Likes Bikes
Lets see your all mountain bike. The bike you use for everything. It can even be a light freeride bike. Heres mine. my 2008 Gt Force 3.0

Sorry. My bike is at the bike shop for a servce. I can only post the one on the gt website

cookieman1717

Likes Bikes
Yea but there is not an all mountain thread. It would look stupider if it was in the freeride or downhill section as all mountain bikes are very similar to XC bikes.

jaybe

Likes Dirt
Man those Pivot Fire birds are purty. All the reviews I have read simply rave about them.

Heres a few pictures of my bike. Still dirty and light equipped from tonight's commute.

Norco 2008 Fluid LT2 5.5 or 6.2" travel - ride predominantly in shorter travel setting.

Additions since new

Truvativ stem
E13 bash plate
09 FOX TALAS RLC 150mm 15QR
AYUPS's
Advantage 2.1 Front Ranchero 2.0 rear (good combo)

Additions Wish list in near future

Carbon bars
new seat post
GOBI XM Saddle
new pedals
Updated Wheelset
tubeless
needs a new chain and cassette after all the mud recently. So over riding in the mud, especially with wet feet. I hate wet feet.

JB

Attachments

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon the Firebird is ugly, but it rides nicely. It's better than the Nomad i had before it too but not as burly. I'm just not sold on the Joplin seatpost though.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Love the firebird..would love to see one in the flesh..any idea how heavy it is?

I had my crankbrothers post 3 months before it blew its oil seal requiring another 2 months in the factory. A couple of the guys I ride with have had similar experiences with them. I'm now used to riding without it after not having it for so long. I reckon sell it while its still worth something.

Sorry guys... this thread isn't about seatposts...back to all-mountain bikes!

JP

Likes Dirt
How do you ride with your seat angled up like that or have you had your nuts removed?

When you are an extreme doooood being extreme in all his extremeness, that's how you roll. And yes, you are correct, his cags have been removed. They have been for a while now. That's the word on the street anyway. :)

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
When you are an extreme doooood being extreme in all his extremeness, that's how you roll. And yes, you are correct, his cags have been removed. They have been for a while now. That's the word on the street anyway. :)
my furtility record would speak differently.....

oldbean

NSWMTB
my 08 mongoose Khyber
12.84kg of Santa Cruz Heckler heaven.
How do you guys find the 2-ring with chain guide set up? Does the chain stay on? ever find yourself wanting the 'big dawg'?

I think that's one of the most interesting questions when building an all-mountain bike: do you run a triple? double? or single? Anyone else want to comment on their set up?

Some nice bikes so far!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you guys find the 2-ring with chain guide set up? Does the chain stay on? ever find yourself wanting the 'big dawg'?

I think that's one of the most interesting questions when building an all-mountain bike: do you run a triple? double? or single? Anyone else want to comment on their set up?

Some nice bikes so far!
I run a triple set up just for versatility, I ride mine more like a long travel XC bike that can take a little more rough stuff. Rarely have I had any issues with ground clearance or the chain dropping. I use the big ring quite often, particularly on fire trails or on the road between trails. I've tried running two rings and a guide but I found little merit in it for the way I ride.