Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
its a really hard frame colour to capture, in real life its a lot more greener than faded yellow.
Should be alright if you use a real camera instead of a phone. :p

Also, enjoy hating life every time you want to use the dropper with the remote that high!
Mine was about 2-3cm lower and it was a real bitch to use when on the trail.

Maybe take a look at one of these: http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ks-southpaw-remote-dropper-lever

Sure made my life a hell of a lot easier!

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn that looks good, unusual mounting position of the rear brake, but that actually looks a lot cleaner than the standard position.. Only thing I don't like is the brown saddle, looks a bit out of place, apart from that, what a killer build !

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
Should be alright if you use a real camera instead of a phone. :p

Also, enjoy hating life every time you want to use the dropper with the remote that high!
Mine was about 2-3cm lower and it was a real bitch to use when on the trail.

Maybe take a look at one of these: http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ks-southpaw-remote-dropper-lever

Sure made my life a hell of a lot easier!
haha cheers mate...yeah will drag the DSLR out on my next ride.

hmm, this is my second KS Lev and the first one i had no issue with this lever style. but cheers for the link, if it does become a problem later on I now know theres an option. God why cant one of these companies just design a good dropper; long travel, non-hydraulic cable, well designed remote, fixed actuator on the body....but KS has come the closest i guess.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
KS has come the closest i guess.
True, which is why I went for a LEV over everything else. :)
With the stock lever I found it real awkward to lift my thumb up so high... the Southpaw lever is in the same position as a shifter, which feels natural.

Don't think I could ever go back!

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are people's thoughts on the cromoly kona explosif? Looking at this for my next do it all bike, reviews are not to bad around the place, 2015 gets stealth post routing I think that's the main change from the last few

iconic

Likes Dirt
Here's my beast - first gen evil sovereign 650b wheels, 1 x 10 gearing (30t to 11-36t), and x fusion velvet 120mm fork.

Waiting to pickup a seat post shim to install the gravity dropper from my other bike and then it's ready for the epic!

CourseOut

Likes Bikes
Sizing Questions

Hey guys and girls - some great bikes in here!

I am currently looking at getting a 2014 Kona Explosif on run out through a local shop. I am a bit confused about what size I should go for (no one seems to have them in stock for me to try out). I am just shy of 6' and have been riding a 15" Ghost 4x. The shop reckons I should go a 19", but I am worried it might be a little large (standover wise, I am a bmxer at heart) and may do better on that. Is anyone on an Explosif or something similar that could give me some insight? I know this isn't really the place for these questions but I figure its the best spot to get the opinion of people who do "my" sort of riding

Cheers

CourseOut

Likes Bikes
Kona Explosif 650b

Hey guys - I know this isn't super exciting, being just a stock build, but its without a doubt the best bike I've owned so far. My previous builds were basically out of necessity, so its nice to have a bike with all nice new shiny parts that works.

Here it is, my 2014 Kona Explosif 650b, 19" frame

First impressions are that it rides really well, plenty of mid corner grip and stability, although it feels really tall compared to what I'm used to. Steerer needs to be cut down so I can drop the stem all the way down, and I am considering a shorter stem and/or some wider bars (stock gear is 70mm and 730mm respectively)

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
rad bike! always liked the simplistic style of the Explosif. If I had the spare cash (and a gf that understood the n+1 rule) I'd be definitely adding an Explosif to my collection.