Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's my decade, it's pretty much about where I am finally happy with it, probably a halflink chain is about all I'd change but then again...................View attachment 292079
Oh, another one. This is the first I've seen other than my own. Such a fun little frame.

Sadly though, my seat tube just cracked....

So my very beloved Transition TransAM has now entered semi retirement... And here's it's successor.

Shan1.jpg

Production Privee Shan 27 XL
Rockshox Pike RTC3 160
DT Swiss EX 1501 wheels (27.5)
Race Face Atlas cranks
1x10 SRAM X0 shifter and derailleur (32 x 11-36)
Avid Code brakes
Thomson dropper post
Production Privee bars and stem (780mm, 50mm)

The frame finally arrived last Wednesday morning, built it up Wednesday evening, couple of local rides, then down to Thredbo for the long weekend. Couple of days of DH and Flow runs, then a run down the Valley trail to Crackenback Monday morning. I feel like I'm cheating on my TransAM, but holy shit this bike is amazing!

ojc

Squid
IMG_20150126_155406[1].jpg

My Ragley Blue Pig, raced to second place (out of only three hardtail riders!) at the Rollercoaster gravity enduro last weekend. Great race, well worth going to the next one.

This bike is a rebuild of an older On-One Inbred (frame broke... :-S) and rides even better.
- Revelation 150mm forks
- SLX brakes & Deore/SLX mix drivetrain
- Reverb seatpost
- El cheapo Superstar AMX wheels - not light but unbreakable so far

View attachment 306975

My Ragley Blue Pig, raced to second place (out of only three hardtail riders!) at the Rollercoaster gravity enduro last weekend. Great race, well worth going to the next one.

This bike is a rebuild of an older On-One Inbred (frame broke... :-S) and rides even better.
- Revelation 150mm forks
- SLX brakes & Deore/SLX mix drivetrain
- Reverb seatpost
- El cheapo Superstar AMX wheels - not light but unbreakable so far
I'll see you in the HT class at the next one (Del Rio!) in a few weeks. Was bummed to miss last weekend... But a Thredbo long weekend had it's appeal too :)

beejay

Likes Dirt
My Ride

Frame: Giant STP (2005?)
Forks: RS Revelation Team U-Turn dual air 150mm
Bar: Fun FatBoy 30mm rise 750mm wide
Stem: Ameoba scud 50mm
Grips: ODI Ruffian
Shifters: X7
Brakes: Avid XO 160mm front/rear
Cables: Jagwire full length outers
Crank/BB: XT 24/38 175mm
Cassette: Sram PG1070 11/36
Chain: sram
Front derailleur: Sram X7
Rear derailleur: Sram X9 type 2
Wheel set: Sun Ditch Witch laced to XT rear and Aireal 20mm front
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 26in x 2.35 exo (pic shows bontrager front, now Maxxis)
Seatpost: Giant contact Dropper 100mm drop
Saddle: Giant home brand
Pedals: Saint flats
Valve caps: blue dice cause I can

image.jpg

image.jpg

She's gone through some changes in the last few years. Started life off as an urban/skate park bike, but as I got less interested in hurting myself I've converted her over to more trail oriented riding.
Great fun all round and likes to get loose on the downhills :biggrin1:

Last edited:

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
So my very beloved Transition TransAM has now entered semi retirement... And here's it's successor.

View attachment 306881

Production Privee Shan 27 XL
Rockshox Pike RTC3 160
DT Swiss EX 1501 wheels (27.5)
Race Face Atlas cranks
1x10 SRAM X0 shifter and derailleur (32 x 11-36)
Avid Code brakes
Thomson dropper post
Production Privee bars and stem (780mm, 50mm)

The frame finally arrived last Wednesday morning, built it up Wednesday evening, couple of local rides, then down to Thredbo for the long weekend. Couple of days of DH and Flow runs, then a run down the Valley trail to Crackenback Monday morning. I feel like I'm cheating on my TransAM, but holy shit this bike is amazing!
Looks awesome mate! I've got the 26" version (with a relatively similar build) which has consistently impressed me in a range of different conditions. They are awesome frames, but unsure how they new 27 differs in geometry. Enjoy, if I ever see you on a trail somewhere, I'm sure you won't be too hard to spot!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422626006.985016.jpg

Looks awesome mate! I've got the 26" version (with a relatively similar build) which has consistently impressed me in a range of different conditions. They are awesome frames, but unsure how they new 27 differs in geometry. Enjoy, if I ever see you on a trail somewhere, I'm sure you won't be too hard to spot!

View attachment 307036
Nice bike! :)

I don't think the geometry has changed much for the 27, but how much difference the 27.5 wheels make I'm not sure? I ordered the 26 conversion dropouts with mine so I could try it with 26 wheels and compare, but they didn't arrive with the frame so have to wait. But no complaints with the 27.5, and loving the bike so far!

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Another Ragley... bought to replace my Inbred 456 after 7 years. Sektors, Sun Ringle Equalisers with Ardents front and rear. 1x9 with Shimano Zee derailleur and 34NW up front. Fun.... Mostly built with secondhand parts, next upgrade will be a dropper.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
p4pb11872861.jpg

Haven't received it in the mail yet, but so very stoked to get my hands on this. When I first contacted Stanton they said they were no longer making the Switchback in raw. I simply said it was a shame as I loved the look of the raw frame. I searched the net for other retailers that had the raw frame but no luck.

A day later I got an email saying they had a frame returned by a customer as it was the wrong size.
So lucky me, got one of the last ones for sale.

Already have Raceface Next carbon crank, renthal stem and bars for the build. Building will be done using mainly Hope/Renthal parts.
Still unsure what forks I want to go (want to stick to 140mm as suggested by manufacturer)

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
... snip .....
Already have Raceface Next carbon crank, renthal stem and bars for the build. Building will be done using mainly Hope/Renthal parts.
Still unsure what forks I want to go (want to stick to 140mm as suggested by manufacturer)
Be sure to check out what www.DITMYB.com.au have going in the XFusion fork options double the performance of a Rockshox Pike and almost half the price.

View attachment 307282

Haven't received it in the mail yet, but so very stoked to get my hands on this. When I first contacted Stanton they said they were no longer making the Switchback in raw. I simply said it was a shame as I loved the look of the raw frame. I searched the net for other retailers that had the raw frame but no luck.

A day later I got an email saying they had a frame returned by a customer as it was the wrong size.
So lucky me, got one of the last ones for sale.

Nice work nabbing one. Dan's always been super helpful. Looking forward to seeing it built up.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I'm now looking seriously at my next build, eyeing off the ns surge, crc has them cheap at the moment, most likely a 150mm pike for the front, with all parts from my Dj bike
Anyone seen or ridden one? Not a whole lot of useful info online about them but the numbers look good