Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

aanon

Likes Dirt
I am looking at my next HT AM purchase at the moment. I have ridden just about every DS rig in the category and just did not find them as much fun - so it is HT for me.

Options so far are either the new 456 Ti (coming out in a month or two), a Stanton Slackline Ti (probably a three month wait), Privee Production Shan (little worried about how versatile this is by comparison to the first two) or a custom Ti build from Triton... Even with the higher cost of the Ti frames they still run at a lot less than a full DS rig. Considering a 650B compatible build for the custom job but not sold on that as wheels are still too rare and what it picks up on the pedal it loses in the tights.
Have you considered a Cotic BFe, tick's all the box's i reckon.( not ti i know, but . . . . .)

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Same GEO as carbon 456, 1 1/2" HT, not sure who is making it for them this time. Still a few months off yet.

converge11

Likes Dirt
has anyone tried a ragley bagger? i was looking at the blue pigs when i noticed the bagger and looks good! suited to 160mm forks.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
After much ummming and ahhing I finally made a decision and have this little beauty enroute from Andorra

Can't wait!!!!
shanblk2.jpg

(better pic - as this one has the two-tone paint)

Attachments

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
has anyone tried a ragley bagger? i was looking at the blue pigs when i noticed the bagger and looks good! suited to 160mm forks.
Seem a little too compromised in the ascending department. Would make a fun DH hardtail, but the Blue Pig is a much better all-rounder.

aanon

Likes Dirt
Thought i better build a new hard tail to wake this thread up.
After building a Cotic soul, and lovin it (it was a small and i really need a medium) i thought i ought to get a Cotic that fits, so i grabbed this BFe in a medium.
Would have liked a soul but this was quite a bit cheaper and has iscg05 so figured a bit more versatile.
Got a chain guide on it's way and will shorten the rear brake hose, otherwise,apart from a bit of fine tuning she is good to go.

Attachments

loc81

Likes Dirt
Thought i better build a new hard tail to wake this thread up.
After building a Cotic soul, and lovin it (it was a small and i really need a medium) i thought i ought to get a Cotic that fits, so i grabbed this BFe in a medium.
Would have liked a soul but this was quite a bit cheaper and has iscg05 so figured a bit more versatile.
Got a chain guide on it's way and will shorten the rear brake hose, otherwise,apart from a bit of fine tuning she is good to go.
So what are your thoughts between the Soul and BFe now that you've ride em both?
Have you weight this bike? Would be interested to see what it weighs with that post and pedals.
Loving that green too!

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

aanon

Likes Dirt
Soul has a bit more ''give'' than the Bfe, which feels stiffer.
The BFe weighs 12.5 kg (on cheap arse luggage scales, but they seem pretty accurate)

tango

Likes Bikes
My rig, will take it on a ride next week, hope its all good.

Frame: Onone 456 evo (medium)
Fork: Epicon 120mm
Stem: Ragley stubbing
Handlebar: Onone riser bar
Seatpost: Onone inline
Seat: Selle
Wheelset: Shimano MT65
Cranks: Shimano XT
Front Derailuer: Shimano XT
Rear Derailuer: Shimano XT 10 Spd
Shifters: Shimano XT 10 Spd
Cables: Shimano
Brakes: Shimano XT
Pedals: Shimano Spank
Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf (front) Nobby Nics (rear) both tubeless

Attachments

nine90

Squid
G'day, here is what I am using to bomb around the trails. The photo is from when I first picked it up, its now wearing some Maxxis Highrollers, a normal set of flats and a few wear and tear marks heh.

Next on the cards will be a wider set of bars, shorter neck and some lock on grips, and then after that I want to upgrade the fork to something alot nicer and a bit longer (140-160mm) than the stock set.

2010 Merida TFS Trail 400d

Fork: SR XCM-H-D-LO 120mm Lockout
Derailleur front: Shimano Deore 34.9
Derailleur rear: Shimano Deore
Shifters: Shimano Deore Rapidfire
Brake levers: Hayes Stroker Ryde
Brakes: Hayes Stroker Ryde 180/180 mm
Chainwheel: Shimano M442 44-32-22
BB-Set: Shimano UN26
Chain: Shimano CN-HG53
Hubs: Shimano M475 Disc
Rims: Merida TFS Disc-26-White
Freewheel: Shimano CS-HG50-9 11-32
Tires: Maxxis Highroller
Handlebar: FSA XC 300AOS White Rise 660
Stem: FSA OS-190 6°
Headset: M10 Neck
Seatpost: FSA SL280 SB25 31.6
Saddle: X-Mission Line
Pedals: Flats

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
thought I'd throw the question in here - more so for the BFe owners - I'm tipping the scales at around the 100kg mark, would the BFe put up with my abuse?
I'm a fairly average rider and tend to ride through things rather than over them. I've been trying to decide between the Cotic BFe or the Transition Trans Am.

Still not 100% sure which way I'll go, though the BFe is more tempting purely based on price.

rone

Eats Squid
thought I'd throw the question in here - more so for the BFe owners - I'm tipping the scales at around the 100kg mark, would the BFe put up with my abuse?
I'm a fairly average rider and tend to ride through things rather than over them. I've been trying to decide between the Cotic BFe or the Transition Trans Am.

Still not 100% sure which way I'll go, though the BFe is more tempting purely based on price.
I'm 95kg and my 'style' is a mix of aggressive/loose/sketchy and I just ordered a BFe. Definitely the one to go for. Also consider a Ragley Blue Pig if you can find one. I love mine and am holding on to the frame, just in case...

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 95kg and my 'style' is a mix of aggressive/loose/sketchy and I just ordered a BFe. Definitely the one to go for. Also consider a Ragley Blue Pig if you can find one. I love mine and am holding on to the frame, just in case...
Have to keep an eye on this one, been thinking of getting a BFe frame to put all the parts on my 4x bike on. Only parts mod id have to do is take the lowering spacers out of my float

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
I am so glad someone started this thread!!! I am over my "FR", dragging it all over trails around brisbane and have been thinking about flipping it and going HT.

Mates I ride with think I am mad, but I think a good HT will bring back the love of riding that made me originally leave road for MTB!

Now just need a frame..........

I feel your pain - I am worried if my knees/ankles will handle no rear cushion lol

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
I feel your pain - I am worried if my knees/ankles will handle no rear cushion lol
I think riding a hardtail will definitly put me back in my place. I've been riding a DH rig and a Giant Reign as an 'all mountain' and want to get back to the challenge of actually riding a trail, not just pushing the suspension through it. Its been at least 6 or more years since I've ridden a hardtail, so this should be an experience to say the least.

And I think as far as frames goes the choice is endless. I've narrowed my choices down to the Transition Transam, Evil Sovereign, Cotic BFe or the Ragley Blue Pig. From what I can find on the internet they seem to be some of the more popular frames.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
heres mine that i just finished last week.
2012 ABD flow in shiny black
fox float rlc
Spam X7 and X5- 1x9 running gear
raceface evolve crankset
E13 CG
DX flatties
Avid elixir brakes
old bilt hangers
Odi/intense grips
nukeproof warhead seat post
revell seat
All parts except bars/grips and CG were sourced 2nd from here!..I purchased a Derelikt frame for $50 from here and took it straight to the avanti dealer the same afternoon it arrived, got it replaced under the product recall avanti put out late 2011..nice frame for $50 dont you think!

Attachments