Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

e-man

Likes Dirt
This is my Commencal Meta AM 27.5.I've had it built up for a while but will be stripping the parts off it for my dually frame. I will deffinetly be rebuild it as a fun weekend bike.

Attachments

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Nearly lashed out and grabbed one of those Meta AM HT frames... CRC's price is pretty good, but the 135x10 rear threw me off it.

The CrMo uses 142x12, but the frame doesn't look anywhere near as good.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
That meta looks rad!

Have you ridden it yet? Interested to hear how a long travel Alu hardtail rides... I feel like it would be a bit rattly on the body compared to a steel one given the kind of terrain you can actually hit on these things, but i've never ridden one myself!

loc81

Likes Dirt
Just stuck some pics in the build thread over in PYR... but:

Funny what you said in PYR regarding the sports car feel. Welcome to the world of hard tails! That snappy acceleration is a real shock after time on a DS hey.
I/we should warn you that the knees and lower back will be in disgust for a few rides until you remember to keep out of the saddle more and also soak up the landings smoother. But man, when you hit the rough stuff it is a total blast. The pace you can keep up is crazy!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Built this up a while ago and finally got around to posting it up.
Killer ride. Wish my aging back could cope with it better so definitely doesn't get ridden as much as it deserves. At least I look cool riding down to the milk bar .IMG_0208.jpg

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
Rocky Mountain Blizzard Long Travel (LT) 2011 - rare!

Bought this frame secondhand from Canada. RM only made a couple of hundred of these Long Travel variants for one year (2011) and not sure if there are any/many in Oz. They differed from the 'standard' Blizzard with capability to take 130-150mm forks, plus the frame was 4130 rather than Columbus Zona steel, so a bit beefier.
Stoked to get it built at last - 26 ain't dead yet! :)
Anyway, here are the specs:

Frame: RM Blizzard Long Travel (LT) 26
Fork: 2017 FOX 36 140mm (yep, one of the few straight-steerer forks still available; comes stock at 160mm so got it lowered a bit)
Drivetrain: Shimano SLX 1x11
Brakes: Shimano SLX (XT Rotors)
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Chromag Ranger
Bar: Chromag Fubar OSX 780mm
Pedals: Chromag Scarab
Wheelset: Industry 9 Enduro 26 inch (Internal: 26mm)
Hubs: Industry 9
Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf and Racing Ralph 26x2.35
Grips: Chromag
Saddle: WTB
Seatpost: Thomson (may go dropper at some point)

Attachments

Last edited:

Brother Maynard

Likes Bikes
In the spirit of #26aintdead - bought this frame off a forum member a few weeks ago and have been happily riding it with 26 inch wheels for the last few weeks. Long and low!

Transition Trans AM in XL
Xfusion Sweep 27.5 forks
DT350 hubs to Syntace W35 rims (29mm internal)
Hans Dampf 26*2.35 front, Ardent 26*2.4 rear
Sram X1 cranks, XT cassette/chain, Zee rear mech and Saint Shifter bolted to XT brake lever (OMG Frankenstein drivetrain)
XT M785 brakes
Giant contact dropper with Wolftooth I-spec lever

Despite the slightly smaller wheels i've had no pedal strike issues. The frame is not THAT low on 27.5 wheels so that helps (think it's 35mm bb drop)

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
In the spirit of #26aintdead - bought this frame off a forum member a few weeks ago and have been happily riding it with 26 inch wheels for the last few weeks. Long and low!

Transition Trans AM in XL
Xfusion Sweep 27.5 forks
DT350 hubs to Syntace W35 rims (29mm internal)
Hans Dampf 26*2.35 front, Ardent 26*2.4 rear
Sram X1 cranks, XT cassette/chain, Zee rear mech and Saint Shifter bolted to XT brake lever (OMG Frankenstein drivetrain)
XT M785 brakes
Giant contact dropper with Wolftooth I-spec lever

Despite the slightly smaller wheels i've had no pedal strike issues. The frame is not THAT low on 27.5 wheels so that helps (think it's 35mm bb drop)

Love those Transition frames

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I built this last year from the remnants of my old hardtail, spare parts and a couple of cheap online purchases.

This is usually my commuter but I'm down to one bike at present so I chucked a set of MTB tyres on and took it offroad on the weekend!

Overall I was wrapped with how it rides on the dirt...the only thing that was hard work was lack of dropper!

Attachments