Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was a mistake... surely?

http://2016.konaworld.com/honzo_al.cfm

It was just on FB, local, and turned out I already had ridden with him in the past !! A deal was done, beers were drunk, and all was well in the world!

The frame is in very good condition with only a few marks on the chainstay which have been painted over. No cable rub marks anywhere.

So it’s fairly complete..

Only needing wheels, shifter, cassette and chain to get it rolling.. $500 in so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was a mistake... surely?

http://2016.konaworld.com/honzo_al.cfm

It was just on FB, local, and turned out I already had ridden with him in the past !! A deal was done, beers were drunk, and all was well in the world!

The frame is in very good condition with only a few marks on the chainstay which have been painted over. No cable rub marks anywhere.

So it’s fairly complete..

Only needing wheels, shifter, cassette and chain to get it rolling.. $500 in so far.
A quick spend online of $695 online has got me closer to complete!! New brakes F & R, cassette, shifter, chain, front hub. Wheels are getting built at Edge Cycleworks in Cairns by Vince..

total so far....$1195.

And now looking for suitable tyres. Can either go the full on DHF route, or something with less rolling resistance.. As its not a xc bike, i am thinking 29 x 2.5 front DHF and pretty much anything rear !! Max clearance apparently is not huge for 29 tyres..

Now waiting for postman.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DHF front, SS rear. So much fun
I have used a couple of diff manufacturers version of the ss tyre on rear on a dually. Would appreciate some braking control as opposed to just rolling or skidding when descending, esp that I am on a hardtail now!

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Though I'd throw my Hornet in here, bump this thread back up again....

2017 Dartmoor Hornet - X-Fusion Metric, XT brakes and running gear, Race Face Atlas cranks, Maxxis DHR2 2.6 front and DHF 2.5 rear.

PYR - https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-stinger.311947/

View attachment 343701
Nice! Thinking of getting one myself - tossing between this and Commencal Meta HT.

Any reason why the DHR2 is in the front rather than the DHF? - just curious as i've never seen anyone doing that.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Nice! Thinking of getting one myself - tossing between this and Commencal Meta HT.

Any reason why the DHR2 is in the front rather than the DHF? - just curious as i've never seen anyone doing that.
I already had a DHF in 2.5 that I wanted to run on the back, I've run a DHF in the rear before and it's worked well.

I was after something slightly bigger on the front and the DHR2 was available in a 2.6 and I remember reading somewhere that a few people thought it was a bit draggy on the rear, but had really good grip, so I thought I'd give it a crack on the front.

Glad I did because it's a great combo! Loving it so far, super grip and turns out rolls faster than I thought it would.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Update:

It’s finished!!!

Rolling now. Riding when the trails stop being rivers..

2016 Kona Honzo AL

120mm Recon forks

30mmEaston ARC rims.
Front hub Hope pro4 15x100
Rear hub Unbranded 12x148

Raceface cranks
Hope NW 32
Sunrace wide range cassette
KMC chain

XT brakes
BrandX dropper 150mm internal

Sooo short rear !!! Can’t wait to loop out trying a wheelie..

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Update:

It’s finished!!!

Rolling now. Riding when the trails stop being rivers..

2016 Kona Honzo AL

120mm Recon forks

30mmEaston ARC rims.
Front hub Hope pro4 15x100
Rear hub Unbranded 12x148

Raceface cranks
Hope NW 32
Sunrace wide range cassette
KMC chain

XT brakes
BrandX dropper 150mm internal

Sooo short rear !!! Can’t wait to loop out trying a wheelie..

loc81

Likes Dirt
Hey Ladies and gents,
I haven't been on here in many, many months but my wifes Ragley Mmmbop is going on the market after very little use as she fled the hard tail for a dually. Built up by me, for her, but to my requirements in case I needed it he he. Take a look over on the trading area and spread the word!
While I'm here, has anyone got one of the new Cotic BFe's yet?

sc.

Likes Dirt
I recently bought a Honzo ST frame to build up, it's my my first bike build apart from BMX's as a kid a long time ago. I'm trying to keep costs down so using mostly second hand parts. Some 130mm Fox 34's came with the frame which are more than enough for me. I've bought a set of XT brakes, Reverb 100mm dropper, Renthal bars and stem and Bontrager xxx wheels all in good but used condition. I couldn't find much in the way of boost cranks second hand so bought a new 175mm SLX crankset with 42t chainring, rear derailleur and shifter which will hopefully do the job. I still need a cassette, chain and some gear cable etc. but at least most things are covered.

Attachments