Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

loc81

Likes Dirt
That's awesome, loc81. That's the exact same frame I've got coming (should be here next week!).
I'd love to hear a ride report with the forks. I'm currently trying to decide which forks to buy. I was thinking a 160mm, but I'd like to have travel adjust for the hills. Be keen to here how it rides with the Fox's at 150mm though!
Thanks mate, yeah the fork issue I guess comes down to what you're riding I guess.. And stem length! From the 1000000 forum threads I read, 140 seems to be the sweet spot if you are a bit of an all round rider. What do you plan on riding with it?

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

lb1

Likes Bikes
Thanks mate, yeah the fork issue I guess comes down to what you're riding I guess.. And stem length! From the 1000000 forum threads I read, 140 seems to be the sweet spot if you are a bit of an all round rider. What do you plan on riding with it?

I'm definitely going with a short stem. I'll be doing a bit of everything, but my local trails are the You Yangs. Too many choices!

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[QUOTE

The Pig. Have been using it with big ring and slicks as a road trainer, but converted it back to trail-spec this morning.
Sweet. how much travel do you run on that?[/QUOTE]

Fox Talas 32's, 140mm.

loc81

Likes Dirt
I'm definitely going with a short stem. I'll be doing a bit of everything, but my local trails are the You Yangs. Too many choices!
I think you would have to be riding a crapload of downward stuff and an absolute minimum of uphill to justify a 160mm fork. A 150-120 talas would be sweet- or this bloke who posted after me with the 140mm one. Then there's budget, new or used and how long you are willing to wait for the right deal!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That paradox is awesome. Seems like theres A LOT of cotic BFes popping up around the place recently too.

rone

Eats Squid
That paradox is awesome. Seems like theres A LOT of cotic BFes popping up around the place recently too.
Lot of back orders filled at the end of February. Going to be a lot of happy campers out there, I reckon.

dug8713

Likes Dirt
Already posted in the post your ride section, but I'll add it here anyways! Not the best climber, but descends and corners like a champ

DSC_0201.jpgDSC_0194.jpg

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Been building this up over the last month or so.

Unused 2008 Norco Bigfoot frame I found in the classifieds on here.

Race face Turbine crankset, also from on here.

RockShox Pike 454 U turn air 140mm forks from ebay

Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs with ZTR Flow rims

Stem and bars arent for this bike, but I have a black Straitline SSC stem along with a cane creek 110 headset again from the classifieds on the way.

Hangar turned up yesterday. Few more bits to collect up yet!

mb63

Likes Bikes
Well this is mine

My DMR Exalt

Realise that most of it is old but so am I, its heavy as heck but again so am I.

As it is I haven't been able to kill it even though it's tried to get me many, many times - maybe thats my lack of talent though.

16' frame, Dropoff 1 forks (real Marzocchi not that tenneco stuff), MTX 33 rims, dice front hub tuffnek rear, X9 gearing 1x9, gravity 777 bars, gravity cranks, V8 pedals, etc.

Attachments

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My DMR Exalt

Realise that most of it is old but so am I, its heavy as heck but again so am I.

As it is I haven't been able to kill it even though it's tried to get me many, many times - maybe thats my lack of talent though.

16' frame, Dropoff 1 forks (real Marzocchi not that tenneco stuff), MTX 33 rims, dice front hub tuffnek rear, X9 gearing 1x9, gravity 777 bars, gravity cranks, V8 pedals, etc.
I'm sure a better set of rubber would drop alot off the weight and make it alot better to ride (2.1 maxxis advantage for example)

aanon

Likes Dirt
My brothers Cotic Soul.
He prefers his dually but every now and then with some persuading from the hard tail crew he brings it out.
Not 100% on build/ spec but the pic should show enough.
The pic probably wont show enough as it is too small, ooops.

Attachments

Last edited: