Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Can you still get a decent 26 inch frame that can take a 150mm fork or has everything gone 650? Or someone got an old ragley pig they want to part with?
NS Eccentric is one that's still around too. Will take 27.5 but they still advertise the fact that it'll take 26.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
First non-melty weather in rAdelaide for several days meant boring things got discarded for ride time. On One 45650b in rare "vaguely clean" mode.

View attachment 322679

It's dirtier now.
off topic rant sorry, but why people build a berm next to a stump(or tree)so you can't lean over and use the berm I'll never know. Iguess thats not the best example, just a developing pet hate of mine.
nice bike but ;-)

mint355

Likes Dirt
off topic rant sorry, but why people build a berm next to a stump(or tree)so you can't lean over and use the berm I'll never know. Iguess thats not the best example, just a developing pet hate of mine.
nice bike but ;-)
Its Mountain biking not BMX. Sorry but my pet hate is trails being dozed flat and 2 metres wide..... back on this threads topic, Hows my EPO coming along? CheeRS

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
off topic rant sorry, but why people build a berm next to a stump(or tree)so you can't lean over and use the berm I'll never know. I guess thats not the best example, just a developing pet hate of mine.
nice bike but ;-)

Come ride Glenrock in Newcastle, they build new trail and put an anchor rock right on the spot you'd want to hit to take a corner nicely. Then't there's the off camber rock armouring that seems to always point at a solid tree, I've given up, I prefer a road ride over Glenrock.

Back on topic, a friend has a large NS Surge and he's something like 5'8" and it is fine for him, I'm 6ft and it's far too small for me. Top quality frame for the money, far superior to the On-One frames I've had, but they be better now(I'll never own another though).

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Its Mountain biking not BMX. Sorry but my pet hate is trails being dozed flat and 2 metres wide..... back on this threads topic, Hows my EPO coming along? CheeRS
exactly, that corner in pic would possibly be better and more challenging if just left off camber9drainage dependent). the purpose of a berm is to increase corner speed/grip. no point having a berm that can't be railed.
and mountain biking is a very broad statement. wide flowy bermed tracks have their place as much as rocky walking style tracks, dh and single track..
Myself i like tracks wide at corners and jumps to allow choice, but rugged and narrow in parts.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
nice bike but ;-)
To be fair, that trail (PWT) is a shared use one and thus has a few "features" that would probably be ironed out if it was an mtb specific trail, but in that direction the bike is facing it's pretty hard to carry any real speed through there to take advantage of any maxtreme berm railing opportunities anyway.

skipz

Squid

My On One 45650B with 26inch wheels and 150mm forks. Hasn't exploded or tried to kill me from having anything 26inch related on her.
I've only been out twice on it, Margaret river pines and Kalamunda, and its brilliant!
It's a 16inch frame and I am 6ft tall, so on the downhill its very flickable. Climbs good too.
Thought I'd upgrade to a future proof frame with the the parts I had, upgrade to 27.5 and a dropper at a later date.
Been a fan of steel hardtails for a while now, having had a 456 summer and a ns society, which is very under rated.
Ditched the full suspension from lack of use!

skipz

Squid

On One 45650B running on 26 inch wheels and 150mm fork.
Only been out twice, Margaret river pines and Kalamunda, and it runs brilliant. I am 6ft and went with a 16inch frame. Great on downhills and climbs good too.
Decided on a future proof frame that Ill later upgrade when needed.
Hasn't tried to kill me with anything 26inch related yet!

skipz

Squid

My On One 45650b with 26inch wheels and 150mm forks.
I've only had two spins and it works, works a treat actually! The 26inch wheels on the frame haven't tried to kill me, ha!
16 inch frame is great on the downhill and climbs too. I am six feet tall but like smaller flickable frames.
My decision to go this way was I had decent 26inch parts and I could upgrade at a later date when needed, future proof.
Done blue and black trails in Kalamunda and Margaret river here in WA and for a bike that I've only ridden twice it was egging me on to go harder.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt

My On One 45650b with 26inch wheels and 150mm forks.
I've only had two spins and it works, works a treat actually! The 26inch wheels on the frame haven't tried to kill me, ha!
16 inch frame is great on the downhill and climbs too. I am six feet tall but like smaller flickable frames.
My decision to go this way was I had decent 26inch parts and I could upgrade at a later date when needed, future proof.
Done blue and black trails in Kalamunda and Margaret river here in WA and for a bike that I've only ridden twice it was egging me on to go harder.
Makes sense as the On-One stuff doesn't really get longer as the seat tube grows, I had an old 16" frame for the same reason.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Looks like NS has jumped on the plus wagon with an alloy 650b+ eccentric http://www.ns-bikes.com/eccentric-djambo,1422,pl.htm

Numbers look pretty fun, have kept the same chainstay length and STA but have gone a bit longer in the front end and half a degree slacker to 67* @ 120mm fork. Also boost rear end, threaded BB. They reckon its good for up to a 150 fork.

Frame only seems to be cheap on crc ~$460.

Plus tyres seem to make sense on an agro HT to me. Id like to give one a ride.

Last edited: