Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Adding to the ongoing red-bikes-make-you-go-faster theme... Spiffy new wheels courtesy of Damien at Premium MTB. really feel the difference in lightness on the climbs, this thing is a weapon now on the local trails!
Lookin' good - what made you change wheels ?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
This thread has been quiet for too long!

2018 Dartmoor Hornet, large
170mm Suntour Durolux
Shimano Zee / XT front & SLX rear brakes
27.5 Nextie rims on Project 321 hubs
2.6 Maxxis DHR2 with Huck Norris both ends
Microshift XCD drivetrain
170mm OneUp dropper
Kore Repute stem, 50mm with Kore OCD bars, 800mm.

Last edited:

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Thread revive!

Been running this about 6 months now - totally sold on the AM ht concept

This morning was particularly meh weather but was made fun by bombing back down the singletrack on the way to work in the city.

Retired my old steel Eccentric...and built a new one.

Both M frames, old one was 650b, 415mm reach, 67.5ha, 73sta, 420cs. New one is 29er, 450mm reach, 65ha, 74sta, 430cs. It feels like a monster truck in comparison.

12 speed slx, dvo sapphire, dt swiss m1900

the paint is surprisingly awesome

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Thread revive!

Both M frames, old one was 650b, 415mm reach, 67.5ha, 73sta, 420cs. New one is 29er, 450mm reach, 65ha, 74sta, 430cs. It feels like a monster truck in comparison.

12 speed slx, dvo sapphire, dt swiss m1900

the paint is surprisingly awesome

Why hello there... That is very tidy.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thread revive!

Not normally a fan of green, but that there looks pretty slick!

While i'm here, here's how the Torrent 7.1 I relieved @glenn1529 of currently sits. It's a blast to ride

Torrent 7.1 27.5+ frame
150mm Pikelations (35mm Revs with Charger 2 damper, DebAir spring & new SKF seals)
DTSwiss XM1501 29" wheelset, currently 2.5 DHF front and 2.5 Aggresssor rear - have run 2.6 Forekaster/Rekon for something lighter
11sp XT shifter/mech, Garbaruk XD 10-46 Cassette, XTR M9020 cranks, 30t oval OneUp chainring
XT M8100 brakes, XT 180mm rotors
OneUp v2 210mm dropper, ZTTO lever, WTB Volt Team saddle
Nukeproof Horizon stem + carbon bars, RevGrip Pro grips (helps with my sore right hand)
Nukeproof Horizon CS pedals

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Hardtail has changed it up a bit from when it was built up last xmas.

New additions are.
160mm Lyrik
Stans Flow MK3 wheels
Assegai EXO+ 2.5 front tyre
Aggressor 2.5 rear tyre
Saint M820 brakes
XTR M9020 cranks with 34t wolftooth ring
DMR V12 Mag pedals
60mm stem (was 50 will likely go back to 50 again)
Easton Havoc carbon bars.

Future changes ......
140mm air shaft.
Considering trying the Aggressor on the front and putting a 2.4 rekon on the back to make it roll a little faster. Currently it is crossing over with my dually a little more than it needs to.
Getting rid of the 150mm transfer and changing it out for a 180mm OneUp in black to match the forks.... and longer.
A longer frame (this is maybe a year away)

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Had the frame powder coated, Illusion purple, and built it up single speed. Really liking the simplicity though am constantly searching for the shifter;)

One issues I’m finding is the oval chainring seems to grab the chain every 6 revolutions... nothing bad just catches and feels a little rough.

Attachments

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
You have to run the tension pretty loose on a narrow/wide ring to stop it binding. bit a loose chain is a fast chain! If it’s a new ring it will also wear smooth after a few km too. The bike looks great!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Had the frame powder coated, Illusion purple, and built it up single speed. Really liking the simplicity though am constantly searching for the shifter;)

One issues I’m finding is the oval chainring seems to grab the chain every 6 revolutions... nothing bad just catches and feels a little rough.
Many singlespeeders swear by the oval rings, not my cuppa though, can't see how having the chain tighten and loosen all the time could be good. If you've got a spring loaded tensioner it should be fine, have you checked your driveline is dead straight? And doess the tensioner have enough play for the chain?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Woohoo, I get to post in this thread!

This is Mr beefy. Mr beefy is daniel Hale's old cotic bfe, stripped, rusted, rebuilt, and ridden like it's stolen. It was built on a budget, toying around with a few madcap ideas, but it rides like I sat down and planned everything out to perfection.

I honestly wouldn't have bothered with this if I hadn't hurt myself earlier in the year. I was bored with a ton of time on my hands so I toyed with the idea of an am hardtail.

Fark, Mr beefy is FUN!

I still need to learn how to ride a big travel hardtail properly. I'm smoothing out a bit now but at first it was like I was expecting the full 160 squish out the back all the time and couldn't reconcile that jarring.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk