Post your commuter!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Nice choice
I have the threshold A1 and I love it
Currently running schwalbe smart sam's and they have been great tyres for everything so far
would have loved the A1... but i was going to replace the shimano gear with sram force, so the extra expense wasn't really warranted.

got a great price in the 2014 run out sales too, very good bike so far!

stinky 510

Likes Dirt
would have loved the A1... but i was going to replace the shimano gear with sram force, so the extra expense wasn't really warranted.

got a great price in the 2014 run out sales too, very good bike so far!
The blacked out look on the A1 and the carbon fork made it hard not to buy it over the A3
Have done over 1600km on mine this year so far trouble free

mitchy_

Llama calmer
The blacked out look on the A1 and the carbon fork made it hard not to buy it over the A3
Have done over 1600km on mine this year so far trouble free
shh! those were the 2 bits i wanted, but this was supposed to be a cheap bike so i dont have to leave the carbon one locked up at the gym, etc! :pout:

good work, i've only racked up about 100km so far. looking into the smart sam's and continental cyclocross speed's at the moment.

Last edited:

redline316

Likes Dirt
update trek soho s

I posted my trek soho s up a couple of months ago since then ive upgraded the tyres to Continental gator skins, added a pro 70mm stem, pro flat bar, pro seat post,a fizik gobi saddle, anodized black chain,and a 16t cog think it looks pretty good now. A lot faster than the mountain bike on the m7 motorway just got to get my fitness up to keep up with it. Sits at 9.2kg not that i give a shit to be honest i was curious.

Attachments

tomee

Likes Bikes
Picked this up today as I needed something to get around in that wasn't my mtb
Focus planet 2.0

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I love the dropout on that frame.

I'm just waiting for that bike to age a bit and the hub gear to explode on some users before I snap up the frame second hand!

rone

Eats Squid
Call this my 'rack hack' Commuter/Pub/Goon run bike as it lives on the roof of the car. Drive the kids to school, dump the car and ride into the city...

Specialized Work 1 with mods to make it more user-friendly - longer stem, wider bars XT RD and an E-thirteen XC guide. Running 1x7 and Vs. Porteur rack on the front can carry a carton, although the steering get a bit interesting. Got it as a cheapy so if it got flogged I wouldn't be too bothered, but it's kind of grown on me.

Attachments

iconic

Likes Dirt
I've got an on one pompino as my commuter. Currently my commute is 13km each way and to avoid the main roads I go through a 2km fire road which is pretty rocky. I've just rode this route for the third time and got a pinch flat on the fire road.

Currently the tyres I have are Vittoria Cross XM Pro 32c and feel like they have pretty thin side walls.

Does anyone have suggestions on what tyres to use that would be tough enough on the rocky fire road without worrying about pinch flats but also fast enough on the roads?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I've got an on one pompino as my commuter. Currently my commute is 13km each way and to avoid the main roads I go through a 2km fire road which is pretty rocky. I've just rode this route for the third time and got a pinch flat on the fire road.

Currently the tyres I have are Vittoria Cross XM Pro 32c and feel like they have pretty thin side walls.

Does anyone have suggestions on what tyres to use that would be tough enough on the rocky fire road without worrying about pinch flats but also fast enough on the roads?
presumably you're looking at CX tyres, i've had good luck with Maxxis Raze's. plenty fast enough on the street (i dont both changing to slicks anymore when not riding CX)

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Oxford "International"

Wasn't sure where to post this, but it will become a commuter... good a thread as any.

Found this old hack at work & the boss said I could have it. Looks to be an Australian assembled thing from the early '80s at a guess. Has Shimano Positron derailleurs, mix of Japanese and Swiss bits and an extremely impressive seat repair! I don't think it's worth anything in particular, just a dept store bike, but should make a decent commuter with a bit of TLC...

resize1.JPG

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
My usual commuter is my old hard tail. Bought the old girl new waaaaaay back in 2000 and it was my only bike until I got an Anthem in 2013. Still love riding it :)

At the bottom of the North South Track in Hobart, its last days as my main off road ride IMG_4696.JPG

Now with slicks (and in winter spec here with lights and guards) IMG_6080.JPG

aanon

Likes Dirt
One of my ride to work, shop, boozer bikes.
SE Draft lite in rattle can flat black.
Pretty basic but it does have a 2 speed Sturmey Archer kick back hub, well, I think that's what it's called.

Attachments

Last edited:

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Just finished this '76 Oxford resto for commuter duties

Came up alright eventually :)

Before
resize1.JPG

After
resize2.JPG

J BOMB

Squid
Ive now retired this bike from commuter duties as I work too far from home, and despite it being a "hipster sled" or whatever it still served me well. I rode this bike to and from work when i lived in London every day for 2 years come rain or snow. Even did the Dunwich Dynamo on it, a 200km night ride from East London to the Suffolk Coast

14 Bike Co ESB x Ted James Design aka Superted - hand built in London for my geometry

IMG_0980.jpg

Its just a big BMX really, Breakbrake17 bars, profile cranks, velocity chukkers laced to UK made TJD hubs