Post your commuter!

JP

Likes Dirt
Here's my commuting beast. Old Easton aluminium Norco java frame from the 90's. Rigid cromo forks, roadie cassette, RS suspension seatpost, Dinotte Ultra 5 light and cheap 5 led flasher, and several red rear lights. Really comfy Tranz-X ergo bar ends. This thing canes even though I'm a slug. Does my 50 km round commute beautifully.

Attachments

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
this is my surly steamroller.
its stock here except for seat, bars and tyres.
currently in the middle of changing out wheels, stem, seatpost, chainring and bb to fix my chainline issues so itll look different eventually.

very nice little commuter for my 6.5km each way.

couple of changes to the ol steam roller.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
I like to jump up and down gutters and stairs, plus sydney back roads have massive pot holes everywhere. Chromo XC mtb with slicks, setup single speed.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Building up an SS commuter/I need to get fit bike at the momento, it's a mountain bike frame named Merida Matts 980, whatever the heck that means. Anywho, its currently a frame, cranks, seat/post, rear wheel, SS spacer kit and sprocket, oh and some dodgy old pedals. I'll post up some pics when I get time. Anyone had any experiences on this frame riding to and fro?

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Sorry for the huge picture.
Hasn't changed really since I bought it, minus a couple cm's from the steerer, and replaced my gutturals with a. ross's. Within the next couple weeks I shall paint it gum orange matte most likely.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Sorry for the huge picture.
Hasn't changed really since I bought it, minus a couple cm's from the steerer, and replaced my gutturals with a. ross's. Within the next couple weeks I shall paint it gum orange matte most likely.
Favourite bike of the thread, except dcrofty's DH cum Commuter set up.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just resurrected my old GT Rage roadie, got the cosmos wheelset from a mate and a few old parts from around the place. If anyone knows where to find a 1" steerer stem that is about 80mm long let me know, it's a little stretched out for me at the moment and the rise is a little much.

Attachments

McPete

Likes Dirt
I'll have to post up a pic of my old Apollo III commuter. A cheap steel roadie that may be getting the SS/Fixie treatment soon, once I pick out a new roadie. Anyone done much with the Salsa Casserole Triple?

bkpr

Likes Bikes
Kona Unit 2006

Hey all.

Here is my bike, which I bought second-hand about a year ago for $750 (!!!). There's been much upgraded from stock, not by me though, so this is more or less the way I picked it up. Only things I've changed are the tyres, new Blackspire Chainring, and new SRAM chain.

The bike is awaiting build and delivery of a set of 29er wheels from Dirt Works. All the gory details can be seen in this thread

Specs:
- Kona Unit Frame (2006)
- Kona Project 2 disc forks
- Juicy 5 disc brakes
- White Industries 16t SS freewheel
- 42t blackspire downhill SS chainring
- SRAM PC-7x SS chain
- Truvativ Stylo Singlespeed cranks
- V12 pedals
- Thomson Elite Stem
- FSA Orbit Xtreme Pro Headset
- Woodman Carbon seat post
- Sun Ringle Mach IV rims (dunno spokes, dunno hubs). To be upgraded to 29er wheels, see here
- Maxxis Overdrive 1.5 tyres
- Titec Hellbent alloy bars (might switch back to Easton EA70 Monkey Bars though...)

Thanks to everyone who posted their pics. Really enjoyed them!
Also to everyone who has helped me with advice so far. Champions.

Cheers!

Last edited: