Post your commuter!

wicksey

Likes Bikes
Still setting mine up, 07 Haro V2 on Maxxis Xenith 1.5" slicks.

Put your commuter up for everyone to see, lots of pics and lots of specs!

bdstorer

Likes Dirt
My daily commuter is a Surly Steamroller with a few changes to the original spec that include:

- Yellow Deep Vee Rims
- Black spoke nipples
- Campy 165mm Pista Cranks
- Sugino Super Mighty chainring
- 3TTT Yeloow Monster 130mm Stem
- Salsa Cross Brake lever
- Deda Metal Stick post
- Sella Italia Turbo saddle
- NJS Track Drops
- XT Pedals

Ah.. I've actually just put the original road bars back on so that I can fit a winter light rig on.. Um, run 63 gear inches (fixed) and my commute is 27kms each way...

The other bikes is Sekt's daily ride..

Attachments

Dicky

Punter God
An older build of my trusty Charger.
2x9 gearing, Surly Instigator fork, 28mm Conti Ultra Gators + Mr Tuffy tyre liners, the rest is, er, stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

RCOH

Eats Squid
This my commuter - at work!

old europa road frame (1984 olympic replica) sprayed white.
orange deep v
road drops
Bulletproof cranks 69gi
spds

my current winter light set-up (3 x blinkys :eek: )

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see the drops on there Rod, that thing almost killed many of us that night in the city.:p The Orange oury's looked the biz though.

gtbox

Likes Bikes
my daily thrasher is a giant ocr complete thrasher im a personal trainer so it doubles as a cliant bike

Last edited:

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
this is my surly steamroller.
its stock here except for seat, bars and tyres.
currently in the middle of changing out wheels, stem, seatpost, chainring and bb to fix my chainline issues so itll look different eventually.

very nice little commuter for my 6.5km each way.

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
Present

Original BSA Granada 10 speed, now with full rear mudguard and dynamo lighting front and rear, suntour friction shifters, cottered cranks - this baby has it all. Surprising how well it runs with all the bearings looked after!

Future

Unknown 28" singlespeed - will get the works.

addmin

Likes Dirt
currently this is my steed:

it usually has a matching back wheel but i got a flat and needed it urgently so that was just thrown on.

now i look at it the drivetrain is looking like its about ready to die but ill be switching to a fixie soon anyway ..

oh yer and apologies for the shit pic

floz

Likes Dirt
These are my commuters, which one I take depends on which way I decide to ride to work. I might be running late, or i might want to take the scenic route along the river.

Attachments

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^^^

Hey TD do you have a new commuter planned yet?

Here is another one that was. This was heaps of fun to commute on, 74 degree headangle for those tight spots in traffic, super flickable, all it could do was sprint. And it cornered like it was on rails.

And finally the current commuter. Not as unique as the others, but just as much fun:

http://forums.farkin.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=66160&d=1177287248

I removed the image tags because the piccy is a little bit big

Last edited: