Post your Roadie

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At least you get a break between the top of inverness and ridge road.
Baw baw is on my list to do now the weather is better :)

My 'new' roadie is no longer as new, now clicked over 2600km. Love it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Whoops, never posted to this thread. In a sea of carbon, here's my Columbus SLX Daccordi.

It is still much the same now except has a Cinelli pinocchio stem and pedals which are actually quite handy for pedaling.
Has 10 speed Campag - mostly Chorus. the best of old and new and all Italian. Goes like hell with the comfort of steel :love:

Daccordi2.jpg

Last edited:

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
That thing is a bit of a looker!

Given that this is a thread for posting road bikes, surely all roadies are weight weenies, so post your bike weights!!
Cheers! Haven't weighed this yet, don't have scales. I'd hazard a guess at being under 6kg.
the wheelworks, sl makers with dt 240s are pretty light.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Cheers! Haven't weighed this yet, don't have scales. I'd hazard a guess at being under 6kg.
the wheelworks, sl makers with dt 240s are pretty light.
Sub six? That's stupidly light. I'd be interested to see the actual weight if you know anyone with accurate bike scales. Ultegra isn't that light, so the frame + wheelset would have to be uber light to get you under six.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Whoops, never posted to this thread. In a sea of carbon, here's my Columbus SLX Daccordi.

It is still much the same now except has a Cinelli pinocchio stem and pedals which are actually quite handy for pedaling.
Has 10 speed Campag - mostly Chorus. the best of old and new and all Italian. Goes like hell with the comfort of steel :love:

Love it. Campy all the way!

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
Sub six? That's stupidly light. I'd be interested to see the actual weight if you know anyone with accurate bike scales. Ultegra isn't that light, so the frame + wheelset would have to be uber light to get you under six.
Yeah frame alone is pretty light plus wheels. It's got full enve cockpit and Antares r3 saddle.
Running a duraace cassette and chain. I'll get it weighed once the new DA Di2 9100 goes on :love:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
For reference, top-flight Giant TCR Adv. SL with SRAM eTap is 6.2 out of the box (so that's ex. pedals). No I don't have one, yes I've built three.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Here's my current roadie

Fairly standard 2015 Tarmac Pro Race di2 Disc. Had it for a while now.

Only changes are S-Works Aerofly bars, some nicer QR skewers, and a Dura-ace compact crank and 11-32 cassette as I ride a lot of hills.

It normally doesn't have all that tat stuck to it!

mtb1611

Seymour
Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 Di2

This landed on Wednesday afternoon. Couldnt beat it in bang for your buck terms; full Ultegra Di2, DT Swiss wheelset, carbon frame and forks. Maiden voyage today, utterly tops. Tweaked seat, post and bar angle settings when I got home, definitely be getting in another spin tomorrow morn. Opted for the Endurace over the Ultimate due to the more comfortable, non-race geometry. I couldn't find anything locally with a comparable spec for much less than $6k; this was $4535 including a couple of cages and bottles. I swapped out the cassette for an 11-25; it came with a 12-32 which was a bit of overkill for where I live!

The customer service from Canyon (both their German HQ and Australian agent) was exceptional. The day after placing my order I received a call from the Oz agent to let me know they'd received my order and what the process would entail from that point on. Very reassuring, professional and friendly; kinda funny when sometimes you can walk into a bike shop and not even receive a greeting or eye contact!

Well happy with my decision.

IMG_2609.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thanks mate. I had a max spend and for the money opted for Di2 over discs. I dunno, I'm not sold on them yet; quite possibly an attitudinal thang on my part!
Cool man, great looking bike.

I waited for months on road bikes being released with the promised discs, just needed one to be released with the proposed UCI thru axle spacing and then bought a R3 Disc Cervelo.

Just had a mate buy an Canyon Ultimate with discs, another great looking bike.

Thought the MTBer in you would have demanded discs :behindsofa:

mtb1611

Seymour
Cool man, great looking bike.

I waited for months on road bikes being released with the promised discs, just needed one to be released with the proposed UCI thru axle spacing and then bought a R3 Disc Cervelo.

Just had a mate buy an Canyon Ultimate with discs, another great looking bike.

Thought the MTBer in you would have demanded discs :behindsofa:
Good stuff, a mate has the R3, just regular rim brakes though, hot looking machine.

I did strongly consider discs but had to draw the line somewhere.....mtb-er or not!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Canyon are making bloody nice bikes these days...

What do you want for the Ultegra 12-32 cassette...?

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
My first road bike

After moving house a few months ago and tripling the length of my work ride I decided to treat myself to a new commuter/road bike. Completely stock Polygon Bend Rv. Will sort pedals out at a later date but very happy with my purchase. It was the thru axels and 1x drivetrain to sold me.

Attachments

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My hairy legged mountain biker's road bike. Seems to include CX, gravel, commuting, and general hooliganism too.

Curve Grovel with SRAM Force 1, Thomson everything, fat ass 35mm tubeless Compass tyres and my first attempt at building wheels (Hope Pro 4 to H+Son Archetype).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk