Post your Roadie

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is mine before I got around to putting on the shifters, brakes, chain and pedals.

It is a Redline Conquest cyclocross frame, Rigida rims (with flashy 3M reflective tape!), knobby 32mm Conti tyres, Tektro mini-V brakes and old Ultegra bits everywhere else. Oh, and Time mtb pedals - because it is just easier that way!

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
The tape you can get from industrial supplies like Bakers or Blackwoods. There are some safety gear shops around that sell it as well. Not sure where else to get it. I was thinking of getting the dark grey colour to match my rims and doing the same thing. I do a lot of comutting through Sydney at night and they would stand out heaps in the headlights. Should only cost a couple of bucks. You just have to cut the dots out then.

I will post my roadie after I have washed this weekend.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow...we're showing our roadies...

I've got a Giant OCR2, so I better get snapping and post up some pics..

Back soon. :wink:

Geez...I'm back already:

It's for sale too...

:D

rhyno

Likes Dirt
my roadie is made of steel and it was free. i ride it to uni everyday and somehow i think i was betteroff riding my dh rig. anyway, it goes. and its too shit to take a photo of :cry:

schwing

Likes Dirt
Rivendell Atlantis
The swiss army knife of bikes.
Loaded touring, shop runner, fire trail and country road friendly.
100km in comfort.
All steel and hand lugged.
Brooks saddle , yep it's leatehr and THE most comfortable saddle out there
9 x3 with down tube shifters for swapping to flat bars if I feel like it
takes up to 700 x42 tyres
I love riding this roady

[/url][/img]

Demo Dave

Likes Dirt
Have just got a Norco CRR 1 for road training for DH. Yer it takes a bit of effort to go flat chat at a race on a Demo 9. Any way its got full 105 a carbon fork. All stock.

Have no pics yet.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giant gone, in place of this:

Cytek Massimo, Ultegra 9spd, Columbus Airplane, Muscle Carbon seat/chain stays, carbon post, carbon forks, Ritchey OCR rims...etc...dream ride.

[/img][/img]

schwing

Likes Dirt
the brake levers are old diacomps.
The calipers are AVID shorty 4's, ( import)
I think I should have gone for mini V's and used the same road levers

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!

Here's my latest project. The brakes arent working too well, so im thinking of getting some sort of levers and possibly some sort of caliper. Id also like to get some bars, a sick pink paintjob, a chain and cassette (mine is 30years old +) and some nice black slicks. Not to mention the 3M Reflective patches.

Should come out great.

kthxnp

Squid
Stock Giant TCR2 (minus the aero seatpost) with Gatorskins coz I rip the shit out of the sidewalls of anything else going down the M2!

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
LTR said:

Here's my latest project. The brakes arent working too well, so im thinking of getting some sort of levers and possibly some sort of caliper. Id also like to get some bars, a sick pink paintjob, a chain and cassette (mine is 30years old +) and some nice black slicks. Not to mention the 3M Reflective patches.

Should come out great.
looks so much better in the dark. cant believe i rode that thing for like 2 years! u can have it (minus the pedals)

dilemma

girl+bike
This is my frame before it was built up w/ ultegra, shimano WH-R535 wheelset, Vittoria Open Corsa tyres, Specialized Body Geometry Telluride saddle. Frame is custom sized w/ columbus 7000 zonal tubing & Link carbon forks. It's pretty light & feels perfect. Check out www.hillbrick.com.au

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dilemma said:
This is my frame before it was built up
Very nice. Mmm, blue.

A guy here at work is currently planning his new Hillbrick - except it seems that Campy are throwing a spanner in the works. They've stopped making 28.6mm clamp front mechs, so he can't use the smaller Columbus tubes (and he won't go braze on for some reason).

Rik

logged out
Braze-on derailleur with band clamp adapter?
Damn stupid of Campag IMO, as you'd think more steel purists would ride the C over the S.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rik said:
Braze-on derailleur with band clamp adapter?
That's what he is thinking, but doesn't like the "unclean" look much.
Damn stupid of Campag IMO, as you'd think more steel purists would ride the C over the S.
Yeah, but it is Campag - can't go questioning their decisions, that's heresy!

(But then, I prefer Shimano on a roadie.)

Drop in Drew

Likes Dirt

note: flat rear tyre
there is such a trend on mountain bikers having steel roadies...
well my one maybe shit but i got me to melbourne from sydney in 3 and a half days.
ha ha and note the spd dh pedals.. so shit