Post your Roadie

RB 24

Likes Dirt

my son's new ride.
Cannondale Caad10 size 50. Sram Red black edition with new FSA cranks being fitted soon. Swapped over the RS80 wheels to Kysrium elites.He loves the bike and moves along quickly on lockout.Kicks in at 7.032 kg.

Will get up some more pics when he is out and about.

cheers.

tanny

Likes Bikes
Here's my roadie, Reid Aquila

Used mainly for riding to and from uni and keeping fitness up. For a budget bike it feels really good. Had it for the last 12 months and hasn't skipped a beat. Anyone looking for a budget road bike I highly recommend one of these.

475047_10150664176199599_678739598_9326750_1297777744_o.jpg

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Here's my roadie, Reid Aquila

Used mainly for riding to and from uni and keeping fitness up. For a budget bike it feels really good. Had it for the last 12 months and hasn't skipped a beat. Anyone looking for a budget road bike I highly recommend one of these.

View attachment 232498
Where from mate and what sorta dollars. I have a flat bar roadie I ride to work but wouldn't mind a proper road bike and start doing more kms. Just $$$$ lol

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Where from mate and what sorta dollars. I have a flat bar roadie I ride to work but wouldn't mind a proper road bike and start doing more kms. Just $$$$ lol
I have a 2010 Scott Speedster 30 that I paid $995 for at the start of 2011. You can now get a 2011 model for $999 on bikeexchange.com.au
It's a great value bike. It's got a really good alloy frame, carbon fork, 105 rear mech with Tiagra shifters and front dr. It seems to go quite well. I'm new to roadies and like the compact gears. I don't have the legs for the big gears.
I don't now if it's in your budget, but I'm quite happy with mine.

I changed to black bar tape and have tried a few different saddles as I don't like the Scott stocker. Weight? No idea.

Last edited:

Crimson

Likes Dirt
$390for the Aquila.

The Reid Cycles has all the information you could want on their other models, including a shipping calculator if you aren't in Melbourne.

tanny

Likes Bikes
$390for the Aquila.

The Reid Cycles has all the information you could want on their other models, including a shipping calculator if you aren't in Melbourne.
Yeah, what he said :p For the price they're pretty basic, nothing a few upgraded parts here and there won't fix though

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some upgrades.
New matching Moots fork.
Selle SMP Dynamic saddle.
Mad Fiber's installed for today's Anzac Day race.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
truly a bonkers ride Sumgy. Hope the new wheels did the trick for the race!

looks very nice indeed.

RB

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice. How have the wheels turned out after the "robust" discussions awhile back?
Fezi
I have raced on them a few times and they feel solid.
They spin up quickly and feel easy to maintain at speed.
No flex that I can feel and they brake quietly and well.
Some issues in cross winds but that is standard with deeper wheels.
These are race day only wheels for me so I have no comment to offer about climbing or descending.
If I want climbing wheels I have a set of DA hubs laced to Stans Alpha rims or a set of Fulcrum Racing 1's.

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Sumgy, That Moots looks amazing. I have all ways wanted a TI roadie.

I just put a Lay-by on this bad boy. I will get it in a month if all goes to plan :fat:

Sram Force groupo and 7.5kg (even lighter when I get some good wheels).

Coming from an 11kg road bike I can't wait!

31-0431-BLK-SIDE.jpg

Binaural

Eats Squid
Sumgy's bike is awesome, but those pink levers do put me off a bit - just doesn't go with the rest of the bike.