Post your Roadie

sruge

Likes Dirt
Bellissimo!

Finished building this up a fortnight ago. Have been loving myself sick on it ever since. So fast & quiet under power (& such a great noise from the back hub when free-wheeling!), so solid where it's meant to be while floating over the rough stuff, catlike agility and sooooo Italian-stylish. I would say my life is pretty much complete right now.
476201_10150997658555609_48941298_o.jpg

Last edited:

Skarajew

Likes Bikes
rmbsolo90.jpgsan marco.jpg

the rocky mountain with all the sram red and carbon bars fitted, and also my USPS stitched san marco saddle!

4x_boy

Likes Dirt
My 2012 Orbea Orca

Beast.jpg

Recently purchased the beast from Chain Gang Performance Bikes in Brisbane. Currently stock set up with SRAM force groupset and Look Keo max carbon pedals. The Orca rides like nothing ive ever riden before. Next upgrade will most likely be a set of Fast Foward 90mm deep dish black on black carbon wheels followed by a 3T LTD cockpit.

"Get on, Get going"

brettjon

Likes Bikes
Had a decent financial windfall recently so decided it was time to get serious about the road riding after smashing KM's on my Trek 4300 that I had set up as a commuter. I got myself a 2012 Giant Defy Advanced with 105, Garmin 200 to route training rides etc. I also picked up a 2012 Felt F3. Sram red double tap.... Jesus it is a rocket ship... weighing it at a fraction over 7.25 with Ultegra pedals
Felt.jpg
Giant.jpg

Cannot wait to clock up some serious KM on these bikes!

kerryn

Squid
Great bikes featured on this thread.

Thought I would post a pic of my 95" Olympia. This is just a mock build so I could ride the frame before a paint strip and respray.
It is now stripped and the next time I post a pic it'll be red with new genuine decals I found in Italy and silver campy. The only current components will be the wheels, bars and seat post. Having ridden it i'm pretty excited to get it done now, as picture it's 7.5kg with a Columbus EL-OS steel frame and 1kg wheels. "Oh and she's twitchy and light in the steering" :tickled_pink:

Had a decent financial windfall recently so decided it was time to get serious about the road riding after smashing KM's on my Trek 4300 that I had set up as a commuter. I got myself a 2012 Giant Defy Advanced with 105, Garmin 200 to route training rides etc. I also picked up a 2012 Felt F3. Sram red double tap.... Jesus it is a rocket ship... weighing it at a fraction over 7.25 with Ultegra pedals
View attachment 237220
View attachment 237221

Cannot wait to clock up some serious KM on these bikes!
Good luck to you. Very nice bikes you have there.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As a typical mountain biker I've never given much thought to skinny tyres. But here is my first roadie! Old Gordonson frame built up with some parts from a probably equally old Repco Superlite. I haven't gone for a proper test ride yet (Fri next week all going well). Ha ha when I rode the Repco I wasn't that impressed with it, but it was a bit big for me anyway, hence why I built this frame up.

Never thought I'd be riding a road bike, but it seems to have taken build preference to the old mtb I have in the shed as well as a project to do up.

Really happy how it turned out, only things I've brought new on it so far are the bar tape and tyres. I really hope this is the bike that gets me into liking road bikes. And if I think it's nice for commuting or road riding compared to a mtb then I can see myself upgrading the seat and brakes down the track at leat, if not the wheels eventually.....welll maybe, these are 700c alloys off the old Repco which will probably be fine with a proper spoke retention and a bit of trueing (they were really loose so I tensioned and gave them a bit of a trueing....good enough effort for a novice anyway).

First thing I'll do is figure out if I'm going SS or not and the ratio that will be good for the 15km ride to town and then back home. at this stage.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got this today, never had a roadie before, well the "cyclops 10 speed" doesn't really count... so we'll see how it goes to make me fitter

Synapse Carbon 3 with Ultegra

Nath8

Likes Dirt
2012 SuperSix 3

Bought this bike a few weeks ago to replace the Cervelo I'd been riding for the last 4 years. Changed the wheels to my American Classic's, SLR saddle and new seat post.

Ride is very smooth and responsive.

Attachments

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Nice, how do you like the wheels? (Just got some AM for my hartail, quite like them)
Thanks.

I've been riding these wheels for 3 years and they have been great. I used to have some AC wheels on my MTB also.
I'm thinking about selling the Classic's and put something new on the new bike. Still undecided.

scblack

Leucocholic
I picked up my new roadie today.

Cinelli Pro Estrada.

Having the Chinarello was good fun, but I needed to get a "real" bike.

Thanks to Atelier DeVelo in Sydney CBD for swapping my parts over. Oh, the important statistic as per their scale it weighs 7.41kgs.

100_7245.jpg

Check out the seatpost:
100_7273.jpg

Lots of Cinelli bits:

100_7249.jpg

Last edited: