Post your Roadie

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Scored this today at a ripper price, a near new second hander: 14' Focus Izalco Team SL running full SRAM Red 22 drive train. I binned the standard hoops and threw on the Vision 40's. Hopefully will do the job.

Attachments

Binaural

Eats Squid
Scored this today at a ripper price, a near new second hander: 14' Focus Izalco Team SL running full SRAM Red 22 drive train. I binned the standard hoops and threw on the Vision 40's. Hopefully will do the job.
Looks nice! Lots of quality German brands in recent pages (Canyon, Focus), good to see.

Be careful not to overtighten the pedals - I had a weird squeak in my identical model Red cranks for years that eventually turned out to be a failed connection between the threaded sleeve and the carbon crankarm. I've heard since that those cranks have a bit of a reputation for this kind of issue.

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
upgraded mine with the new DA9100

Also built up this merida Ride 100 for a wet weather bike - stripped off all the claris and put on ultegra 6800

Last edited:

Robb

Likes Dirt
While we're posting our focii(focuses?)

Picked up an ultegra Paralane, on the third ride the front mech came off while JRA...
Thankfully the frame was replaced and I go the factory paint scheme, I was after a black(ish) bike so it worked out in the end. The shop did setup the fenders incorrectly though, so the back fender is now damaged (used the shorter fender mount on the back and the longer fender mount on the front...).

Very happy with the way it rides and brakes

Attachments

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is my take on a mountain bikers road bike. More tourer than CX but has enough clearance for fatties.

Lynskey Sportive Disc. TWE built wheels with Hope 2 evos. Pioneer power meter Dura ace cranks (coming back from buggered right knee). Ultegra everything else. Hy/rd cable hydraulic disc brakes. Controltech integrated bar and stem.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looks awesome Oddjob, that looks a comfortable bike for long days !

I'm watching people post 22K rim braked Cipollini's on Fakebook... what's the go people !!!! Why are people still buying rim braked roadies, UCI have cleared them, Cycling Aus have cleared them... the industry is going for the biggest killer ever, like MTB "standards", the roadies have never really had a game changing move... give it another year and there will be a mass exodus. Ive been telling my mates to go disc road for 3 years now, there is 6 out of 7 riding disc roadies.

Guys, I love the bikes above, but why would you wear out your carbon rims with a crap braking system, were all MTBers here, why no discs ?

Kittle won 5 stages of the 2017 TDF this year on a disc braked Venge so they have lost the aerodynamics argument.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I love the braking in my Tarmac disc. Even had burning brake smell from them yesterday morning coming down the bends off Mt Glorious (2k at -13% avg). Common tales of carbon rim failure off Mt Glorious. With the discs there's no drama riding your good wheels in all weather. With rim brakes you're always thinking if it's raining you have to chuck on the old set to avoid rim wear.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Looks awesome Oddjob, that looks a comfortable bike for long days !

I'm watching people post 22K rim braked Cipollini's on Fakebook... what's the go people !!!! Why are people still buying rim braked roadies, UCI have cleared them, Cycling Aus have cleared them... the industry is going for the biggest killer ever, like MTB "standards", the roadies have never really had a game changing move... give it another year and there will be a mass exodus. Ive been telling my mates to go disc road for 3 years now, there is 6 out of 7 riding disc roadies.

Guys, I love the bikes above, but why would you wear out your carbon rims with a crap braking system, were all MTBers here, why no discs ?

Kittle won 5 stages of the 2017 TDF this year on a disc braked Venge so they have lost the aerodynamics argument.
My guess is the limited lifespan of the high end carbon roadies. If you're only planning to keep a bike 3 years before an upgrade. You wouldn't be concerned about worn out carbon rims or a change in standards.

I've had my last alu roadie for 10 years, and I plan to ride the Ti Lynskey till I die. So material choice and standards (just say no to press fit) matter more.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DSC_4582.jpg
what's the go people !!!! Why are people still buying rim braked roadies, were all MTBers here, why no discs ?

I don't race so makes bugger all difference to me.
My bike is still lowish range so was MUCH lighter than the closest disc braked bike. Never found the need for disc on road, even in wet weather. I run alloy rims so no expensive carbon :)

Since photobucket ruined my last post, here she is again.

Last edited: