Post your wicked BANSHEE thread....

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Team Banshee - talk to me about rear shocks.
I haven't put anything new on my bike for at least 5 minutes and I'm bored at work and have spent 2 hours looking up shocks for my v3

DVO Topaz seems reasonably priced, but not a fan of the green (sorry @wkkie...), SR TriAir I can't find anywhere but looks to be a decent option and matches the Durolux
Fox X2 and Mara Pro looks another option but exxy, with the CCDB Kitsuma Air slightly less so

Anyone care to chip in their 2c?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I haven't put anything new on my bike for at least 5 minutes and I'm bored at work and have spent 2 hours looking up shocks for my v3

DVO Topaz seems reasonably priced, but not a fan of the green (sorry @wkkie...), SR TriAir I can't find anywhere but looks to be a decent option and matches the Durolux
Fox X2 and Mara Pro looks another option but exxy, with the CCDB Kitsuma Air slightly less so

Different animal (bike), but @fjohn860 has has a SR TriAir on his Tranny Smuggler which seems a great shock. Not sure if the linkages/kinematics are comparable, but the shock itself seems really solid.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
DVO Topaz seems reasonably priced, but not a fan of the green (sorry @wkkie...)
Even if (there's something won't with you) you don't like the green there's always decal kits and you don't have to get a green spring. They are meant to be good...

Rorschach

Different animal (bike), but @fjohn860 has has a SR TriAir on his Tranny Smuggler which seems a great shock. Not sure if the linkages/kinematics are comparable, but the shock itself seems really solid.
Yeah, there was a great NSMB review on the TriAir on a Titan, and Loam Wolf liked it too and like the Durolux they seem great value for money, but I have NFI where to get one locally

Rorschach

Even if (there's something won't with you) you don't like the green there's always decal kits and you don't have to get a green spring. They are meant to be good...
Yeah, I read that too. The Suntour TriAir is basically the same shock but with an IFP instead of a bladder. Could always get the caustic out and de-anodize the hardware I 'spose

Shredden

Knows his goats

Something to be aware of... on the product page for the V3 Rune it says

"Shock Incompatibility: Push 11-6, DVO Jade X / Topaz 2, Suntour TriAir2 and FAST Fenix are not compatible with this frame model. The Manitou Mara Pro requires the short reservoir option, and side knob climb switch"

Rorschach

Something to be aware of... on the product page for the V3 Rune it says

"Shock Incompatibility: Push 11-6, DVO Jade X / Topaz 2, Suntour TriAir2 and FAST Fenix are not compatible with this frame model. The Manitou Mara Pro requires the short reservoir option, and side knob climb switch"
Yeah saw that. Was looking at the TriAir2 as well, but that'll foul on the shock cage, as will the DVO shocks

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

You're in the right place Sir!

My V2 Prime has the Factory X2 on it and rides beautifully.

Not sure how reliable the current model is as there are reports of Fox shocks wetting the bed. My Performance Elite X2 on another bike did that but was warranty replaced and the new shock has been excellent.

I can also vouch for the CC Kitsuma coil and air shock.

Pretty sure that Suntour products need to be bought from the USA. Shipping was very quick and painless from my experience.
Edit - seems you can't run the TriAir so never mind.

Rorschach

You're in the right place Sir!

My V2 Prime has the Factory X2 on it and rides beautifully.

Not sure how reliable the current model is as there are reports of Fox shocks wetting the bed. My Performance Elite X2 on another bike did that but was warranty replaced and the new shock has been excellent.

I can also vouch for the CC Kitsuma coil and air shock.

Pretty sure that Suntour products need to be bought from the USA. Shipping was very quick and painless from my experience.
Edit - seems you can't run the TriAir so never mind.
Thanks for that. X2 would be the Fox shock if I went that way

And you can run the TriAir, just not the TriAir2 with the transverse piggyback

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

What size shock do you need? I have a 210x50mm TriAir (not the 2 gen one).

Has been a great shock. I bought my second one from SR Suntour US. First one came from bike components de.

Rorschach

What size shock do you need? I have a 210x50mm TriAir (not the 2 gen one).

Has been a great shock. I bought my second one from SR Suntour US. First one came from bike components de.
185x55mm trunnion mount, Suntour US only have metric shocks in stock
I’ll check out ze Germans, seen it a couple of places for about $500 delivered

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Anyone has a medium paradox and can tell me how it rides for someone who normally rides small? Tempted to get one to replace commencal ht, but afraid it's way too big for me. On paper, it sizes like any medium banshees, and I ride small banshee. They don't make small paradox unfortunately.

PJO

in me vL comy
Anyone has a medium paradox and can tell me how it rides for someone who normally rides small? Tempted to get one to replace commencal ht, but afraid it's way too big for me. On paper, it sizes like any medium banshees, and I ride small banshee. They don't make small paradox unfortunately.
@Scotty675 haven't you got a medium?

One of my mates also has a large Paradox and he's around 6'1"- 6'2" (1.85-1.88m) and he's very happy on that size.
The Paradox has a pretty high stack height so might feel a little bigger than it's stated size.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I've got a medium. I'm only 5'7". It rides a bit bigger than my medium yeti 5.5. I could no doubt rock a small Paradox, but the medium doesn't feel bargelike or stretched to me.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’m running a large and love it. I’m only 172cm so should be on a medium. With a 35mm stem I feel at home on it ( did run a 31mm stem for a while).I seem to adapt quickly though as I also happily ride v1 bronson still.

Reactions: PJO

Rorschach

Based on the Banshee sizing I should be on a medium Prime, but I ride a large with no issues.
I'm 178cm, and am really happy with the sizing

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Very interesting. I'm 5'5" and found the medium v3 rune too big to my liking, and settled with a small. It looks like upsizing on a paradox is doable with very short stem. Incidentally, how does the paradox ride with short stem like 35mm? Does the steering feel weird? Also, there was a reviewer on youtube who said the paradox rides very muted on rocky stuff, which is the opposite to my meta ht. Is this true?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm running my Paradox with a 35mm stem and 51 offset 130mm fork and the front end feels very sharp indeed - I quite like it but you have to pay attention.

There is something magic going on in those rear stays, they ride really nicely over the rough stuff.