Post your wicked BANSHEE thread....

dh1

Likes Dirt
Haha. Depends what you are after.
A lot of the parts were existing and I got the forks half price as they were on a demo and had a couple of rides on them.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Close up pics of the cable routing, entry and exit points would be much appreciated .

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
They do look pretty bling! Only done 23kms on them (this arvo) and I can’t seem to get them to stop feeling harsh/firm. Need to do a good amount of googling and tinkering.

Will post up some pics tomorrow. It was a good exercise.
They probably need the bushings reamed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Every new fork I've had in the last 3 years has had tight bushings, too much grease and not enough lube. Thus every new fork gets sent off to Mtb Suspension Centre for their blueprint service to have all of this sorted.

If the Helm is coming out of the same factories in Taiwan as Fox/RS/Everyone then they are likely to have the same issue.

The alternative is to drop lowers to check grease/lube levels. Ride 10 hours to break in and then service.

dh1

Likes Dirt
Every new fork I've had in the last 3 years has had tight bushings, too much grease and not enough lube. Thus every new fork gets sent off to Mtb Suspension Centre for their blueprint service to have all of this sorted.

If the Helm is coming out of the same factories in Taiwan as Fox/RS/Everyone then they are likely to have the same issue.

The alternative is to drop lowers to check grease/lube levels. Ride 10 hours to break in and then service.

Thankyou for the tip! I am keen to have a look.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
^Tidy, that cleans up the appearance of the bike a lot.

Put some rubber grommets in there and call it done.

dh1

Likes Dirt
^Tidy, that cleans up the appearance of the bike a lot.

Put some rubber grommets in there and call it done.
I purchased some from Clark rubber the other day, just need to put them on.

So no issues with structural integrity? Looks awesome.
No issues after ride 1. I am not expecting and feel pretty confident about that. The bottom bracket has a lot of support so I don’t think the holes do much to weaken it enough to worry about. Same goes for the headtube.

The downtube takes a lot of forces/stresses but since I don’t use a bottle cage for anything I used one of the threaded holes. The good thing about that is that it has the extra material already there to support the area.

If I was to do it again I would place the holes in the headtube another 5mm higher and place the holes in the BB down lower and further around to the downtube. The hoses through the bottom bracket press every so slightly on the plastic tube between the B.B. cups and creates a small drag between the tube and the spindle. I pulled it apart to see if there was any damage after the first ride but there isn’t nothing and I don’t think anything will wear, or if it does it will be super slow.

I love the look of it with internal routing though.

Also I spoke to banshee about it. Obviously they couldn’t give me any offical help but some feedback was given which was helpful and good of them.

dh1

Likes Dirt
As nice as internal routing looks, I still can’t get past how annoying it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Each to there own. I personally love the look of it and it doesn’t fuss me for maintenance either. I never have the need to remove any of the hoses or the gear cable casing from the frame.

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
Anyone wanna part with a large 2016 spitty frame???? Need that 30.9mm seat post!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Delazy

Got a new bike!
so those of you that have had the pleasure of riding in tassie...how did you find the rune/spitfires down here?

namely spitfires at maydena and runes at derby :p

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Other way round would be better, no?
yeh absolutely...but ONE bike...

already have a norco sight which is pretty fruitful (smashpot pike/coil inline/e4's)...but with maydena getting chopped up of late its not the most fun bike to ride there...

hoping to use most of the parts to build something more suited to both locations rather than buying a more purpose built bike for maydena...