Post your wicked BANSHEE thread....

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The yellow has grown on me. The matt finish is pretty cool.

@slider_phil Were your Crests the 29" versions?
I have had no problems with the Crests (original and new versions) in 26" but managed to destroy a rear on my 29er in very short time. Cracked at many spoke holes. Strangely the wheel was still true and I had not needed to tighten any spokes since I built it.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The yellow has grown on me. The matt finish is pretty cool.

@slider_phil Were your Crests the 29" versions?
I have had no problems with the Crests (original and new versions) in 26" but managed to destroy a rear on my 29er in very short time. Cracked at many spoke holes. Strangely the wheel was still true and I had not needed to tighten any spokes since I built it.
Yeah 29". No cracks around the spoke holes that I've seen yet but plenty of loose spokes and re-truing sessions in the last 6 months. One of the reasons why I shoehorned my carbon boost wheels into the rear end of the Turner. No more wheel fusing about

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Yeah 29". No cracks around the spoke holes that I've seen yet but plenty of loose spokes and re-truing sessions in the last 6 months...
That may be due to a poor quality wheel build unless you are using really thick spokes. I have built many sets of Podium MMX and Crest wheels but always use DT Swiss Revolution spokes (or Sapim Laser). These thinner spokes stretch by about 1mm when they are at proper tension and just don't come loose. If you used thicker spokes then I could see how perhaps the flexiness in the lighter rims could cause the spokes to go slack and loosen.

Goudgey

Likes Dirt
Can anyone recommend where I can buy a new Banshee Spitfire complete bike in Australia? I’ve only been able to find frames for sale and I’m not currently interested in building up a bike.
Thanks

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yep, they’re a good thing.

I think the general consensus with my bike today was “too hard” haha.

What are people using to protect the chainstay fron chain slap? I’m thinking I’ll whack some rubber tape on it where it hits.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Forgive me Banshee fanboys for I have sinned. Spitty passed onto a young eager buck today to continue its Tassie journey. However I believe there is some replacement radness turning up tomorrow....

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forgive me Banshee fanboys for I have sinned. Spitty passed onto a young eager buck today to continue its Tassie journey. However I believe there is some replacement radness turning up tomorrow....
There had better be a damned good explanation for this. An infringement notice will be issued forthwith!

Is the replacement aluminium, and suitably sick?

Last edited: