Post Your XC Machine

mrricho

Likes Bikes
My first bulid

My new XC machine : Jamis XCR team,finally got around to getting a duel suspension rig after years of hardtail riding.Just needs a little fine tuning and she's ready to shred some trail :biggrin:

Attachments

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Got it in blacker?

New race bike,

Frame: Air 9 Carbon (licorice small)
Fork: Niner RDO
Seatpost: Ritchey WCS Carbon
Saddle: Ritchey WCS Marathon
Steam: Ritchey WCS 4 Axis
Bars: Niner Flat Top Carbon bars
Brakes: Hayes Stroker Carbon
Shifters: WTF
Derailleurs: WFT
Cranks: Shimano XT
Hubs: DTSwiss 240s
Spokes: DT SuperComp
Rims: Stans ZTR Crest
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph

Last edited:

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Heres my trance x3 2009 . I have just changed all the pivot bearings and decided to paint my pivot brackets . I have only had this 6 months or so and love it . It rode great but after removing the old bearings ( which were absolutely trashed ) and puting in new ones i suspect it will ride awesome now . Hope the pics work .

Attachments

gadget1

Likes Dirt
Alchemist,

gotta say your bike looks rather grand. (would have cost a few grand, too).
Reckon you've got your parts spec about spot on.

And just like Scooter XC, I wanna know, how much does it weigh?
Is there much give in the frame and forks?

Almost pass as a road bike, that would :) !!!

Last edited:

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A few upgrades are coming, including Thomson post, new XT front wheel and New XT trail brakes.

View attachment 214904
It refreshing to see that mine isnt the only one with an excessively long front brake hose. Im beginning think that Giant supply it long for the front with the belief that the average Trance X owner isnt going to leave the F125 fork on there for too long. From what i can gather the common fork to go for is around 140mm.

Have you noticed, any more than normal, pedal strikes??

markjb85

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys, here's my bikes. Seem like nothing compared to the machines on here but its a start.

I started on the Giant Talon 3 10 model, hadn't been out that much on it but moved to the blue mountains recently and been out heaps so I thought id treat my self and upgrade to the Merida 120 800d.

Going to tackle the Oaks Trail this weekend on it.

Attachments

markusm

Likes Bikes
Heres mine;

It's a 2011 Kona Cadabra.

It's my first mountain bike after riding road bikes for a few years. I'm loving mountain biking, road riding is soooo boring after riding this bike.

The bike itself has come to life after changing to tubeless tyres, the only other things i've done is replacing the saddle to a Selle Italia which helps on the longer rides.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ Nice Kona. Don't see many of them anymore.

Had this machine for 18 months, and aren't many stock bits left in it! She is 11.9kg as pictured.

Large Aluminium Rize Frame, RP2 shock, Lefty Max 130mm fork, Ritchey Carbon Bars, Ergon Grips, Full XT Drivetrain and Brakes (180F / 160R) except X0 Gripshift with X9 Rear Derailleur, Gore Sealed Cables. Crossmax ST UST Wheels with UST Rocket Ron 2.25 front, Racing Ralph 2.1 rear with Stans for Tubeless, Time Atac XC Pedals, Selle Italia Maxflite Saddle, Thomson Elite Seatpost.

Last edited: