How to Postage for mtb frame within Australia.

e-man

Likes Dirt
Hey all, which postage company have people used for posting an mtb frame? any trustworthy Australian mobs? also what sort of cost are you looking at?

nampla

Likes Bikes
How come the prices are so low?
I've posted wheels a couple of times via AusPost (both times rear ones) - the postage (with signature on delivery) was about $40! I'd imagine that frame needs a larger box than a wheel
And at the moment, AusPost calulator gives me $40.25 for 65x65x20cm 2kg box (another wheel parcel) posted from Adelaide to Melbourne, how do I get the prices mentioned? And if this about prices based not on actual weight but on some sort of estimated, based on size weight (cubage?), how do I avoid this in case of a wheel, any suggestions?

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
How come the prices are so low?
I've posted wheels a couple of times via AusPost (both times rear ones) - the postage (with signature on delivery) was about $40! I'd imagine that frame needs a larger box than a wheel
And at the moment, AusPost calulator gives me $40.25 for 65x65x20cm 2kg box (another wheel parcel) posted from Adelaide to Melbourne, how do I get the prices mentioned? And if this about prices based not on actual weight but on some sort of estimated, based on size weight (cubage?), how do I avoid this in case of a wheel, any suggestions?
Don’t use a box that’s straight. They cube it not weigh it. The same wheels in a square measurable box was $70. I wrapped them round unable to square them $21.50 as they have to go by weight.