Posting bike from UK to Australia

kurtis1984

Likes Dirt
Hi all, found a nice frame on the UK eBay site, but posting to Australia looks like it might be expensive. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a delivery service for less than 300 pounds (yes, that is the ballpark figure for online quotes I've been getting!). Any helpful tips are most appreciated.

Cheers!

jbg

Likes Dirt
Hi all, found a nice frame on the UK eBay site, but posting to Australia looks like it might be expensive. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a delivery service for less than 300 pounds (yes, that is the ballpark figure for online quotes I've been getting!). Any helpful tips are most appreciated.

Cheers!
I've used www.forward2me.com for a frame recently
Around £130 and was delivered in 5 days. They are a forwarding company and get corporate rates with all the big couriers. Dhl website quoted £80 more than dhl on forward 2 me.

kurtis1984

Likes Dirt
Around £130 and was delivered in 5 days. They are a forwarding company and get corporate rates with all the big couriers. Dhl website quoted £80 more than dhl on forward 2 me.
Cool, I'll look into that. I've also noticed that some guys on eBay are promising a 50 pound delivery fee for UK to Aus with Parcelforce Global Express. Anyone had any luck with them? I went on their website and couldn't get close to 50, it was still more like 200 +.

Cheers,

Kurt

Last edited:

jbg

Likes Dirt
If you see postage for £50 I would take it.
It's the eBay global shipping program and legit, the seller has nothing to do with it

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've looked at these guys to get cheaper shipping on a new frame. Any idea if it is possible to get a refund I the VAT I would need to pay because it is now getting delivered to the UK?

jbg

Likes Dirt
I would contact them to check. If it's been posted from outside the uk to them - no refund and they get a bit touchy.

Shipping from EU I would use Shipito (air) or Shipporter (sea and takes 45 days or so)

Last edited:

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would contact them to check. If it's been posted from outside the uk to them - no refund and they get a bit touchy.

Shipping from EU I would use Shipito (air) or Shipporter (sea and takes 45 days or so)
Supplier is in the uk, shipping to the uk forwarder then on to Aus.