Pressfit bb reuse

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Hi all

i cracked my frame and I’m moving all my components over to my new warranty frame. (Canyon spectral) I have never built a full bike before so I’ve not had anything to do with bottom brackets or headsets. Question, can a bb92 sram gpx be extracted and reused or do I need a new one? Also headset. The top bearing carrier looks to be pressed in but the bottom looks like it’s part of the frame. Is this what the mean when they say integrated? All my current bearings are in good condition and I will reuse what I can If practicable ible. Any ideas or advice on removal and refit.

cheers In advance

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Depends on the tolerance of the old frame. Some press-fits knock out reasonable easily, others result in destruction of the BB parts. Get a spare just in case.

On the headset, "integrated" refers to an assembly with the cups moulded, machined or bonded into the frame, with the bearings direct-fitted, while non-integrated internal has cups pressed in, with the bearings set into the cups. I've not heard of any frame with one integrated cup and one non-integrated; it's an either/or proposition.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Thanks Duckmeister, I’ll source a BB. The headset must be integrated then. The cane creek bearings were just sitting freely in cups in the frame.