Presta valve extensions?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone out there running valve extensions. I have 2 sets of wheels running tubeless short valve stems. Getting over the track pump blowing off these without holding it. Wondering if these extensions are any good or I need to buy new longer tubeless valves. Before I'm flamed it's not the pump as it works fine on my longer stem valves.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Can anyone confirm a stans valve will seal on a manic crossmax slr and a crossmax sl. I have been told you need to run the mavic ust valves. I have used a stans valve on a sram roam 60 wheel and it sealed fine.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Just buy longer valves and be done with it.
longer valves is good, eg 44 over 35mm. Also have a look at the pump head. the rubber that grips onto the sides of the valve - might be buggered and need replacing. ie chuck the whole hose and end fitting and get a replacement.

What sort of pump do you have?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Longer valves are definitely the go. I have a set of wheels with 44mm valves and it works fine. It is a Tiago floor pump, have had it for around 5 years. I did pull the end cap and have a look everything seems fine but it has done a bit of work. Just annoying that it works fine on longer valves.