Prevent Your Pride Being Stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezza1006

Likes Dirt
Take Photos of your bike from every angle so that if it is stolen people can easily identify it
Put some stickers on it so that your bike is different to others and can be recognized
Get the serial number of your bike from your bike store and get it insured so you can replace it
Lock it up well (obviously) find a spot on your property where you can lock it up, dont us a bike lock, theyre crap!
Dont tell other riders how much your bike cost, how great it is, your full name (they can find out where you live), and of course dont brag about your bike
If it does get stolen, call the cops, tell us at farkin, and try to get some money by making claims to your insuranse company

If you do this youll keep until you want a new one
Ride On!!!!

Last edited:

bing bong

Likes Dirt
thats quite alot of help, and i dont think you'll keep the bike forever, you could ride it to hard and shnap lol

Jezza1006

Likes Dirt
Yeah but youll have it until you want to get a new one
Its like still riding a 1950 Kona Stinky (if there is one)
youd get a new one
Jeez

I changed it for you any way
seriously who would give a shit beside a cock sucker :D :D

Wooday

Squid
Jezza1006 said:
seriously who would give a shit beside a cock sucker :D :D
are you calling someone a cocksucker? that's against the rules here....

bring out the banning stick, I say

Last edited:

cornflake

Likes Dirt
Jezza1006 said:
Take Photos of your bike from every angle so that if it is stolen people can easily identify it
Put some stickers on it so that your bike is different to others and can be recognized
Get the serial number of your bike from your bike store and get it insured so you can replace it
Lock it up well (obviously) find a spot on your property where you can lock it up, dont us a bike lock, theyre crap!
Dont tell other riders how much your bike cost, how great it is, your full name (they can find out where you live), and of course dont brag about your bike
If it does get stolen, call the cops, tell us at farkin, and try to get some money by making claims to your insuranse company

If you do this youll keep until you want a new one
Ride On!!!!
ok im gonna go through this nice and slow...

-taking photos of a bicycle from every angle is physically impossible
-I don't want to deface my bike with stickers
-the serial number of your bike doesn't need to be accessed via your LBS,
you can find it yourself
-bike locks are not "crap", they're just not always reliable
- I don't think people you ride with are gonna want to steal your bike, as
chances are you'll ride with them again and again
- what if I want to brag about how much I love my bike? I'm not just gonna sit there, jumping, then running behind a tree quickly so that others don't see how much I enjoyed that particular tailwhip (although I know for a fact that tailwhips are still an element of your dreams)

I think I covered everything....
oh wait, you spelt "insuranse" wrong....I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E

nice try though, Jeremy. you had your heart in the right place

Last edited:

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cornflake said:

you can find it yourself
- what if I want to brag about how much I love my bike? I'm not just gonna sit there, jumping, then running behind a tree quickly so that others don't see how much I enjoyed that particular tailwhip (although I know for a fact that tailwhips are still an element of your dreams)

tooshay :eek:

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cornflake said:

you can find it yourself

Meh, he had the right idea, we all know what he meant by "every angle" without having to deconstruct it. Let the poor little newb be!!

God that would be degrading, but hey, I'm nearing on 500 posts, who cares about degrading or demeaning, I'm a man now. :roll:

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
about the whole stickers thing. most of the time, after a bike is stolen, it will be painted do it is harder to recognise and less conspicuos.

so stickers are almost useless.

and bike locks arent crap. Id rather keep it inside at home, obviously, but when out and about, a U-lock and a thick chain used together can be good.

I suggest just buying a beater bike (shitty looking, just to ride around) for commuting etc. if you MUST take your good bike into the city, lock it uo securely, and dont let it out of your sight.

one thing I've noticed here is a few bikes stolen from maccas. instead of taking your bikes in or leaving them alone, leave them outside, upside down, flick the gear levers a few times (or remove your chain) then station someone to stay outside with them while the rest get their food, then, when the first guy comes out, last guy goes in.

dont be stupid, use common sense.

Last edited:

Jezza1006

Likes Dirt
Good hustle common sense is probably the most important part of keeping your bike safe

Callums a choad!!! (cornflake)

Ride On!!

cornflake

Likes Dirt
Jezza1006 said:
Callums a choad!!! (cornflake)
do you want me to hurt you? I was simply pointing out your pathetic mistakes, in a hope that you'll never say something so wrong again in your life on Farkin.

and what is it with you and "Tranny Shops" and choads?

zids

Likes Dirt
cornflake said:

you can find it yourself

oooh callum, getiing agro with those lower on the post rank oh well, he id have his heart in the righ spot, and some of them were pretty good points.

well basically i think one thing you saidf there was really wrong.... bike locks are crap. I know a guy who had four bikess stolen out of his backyard, a simple $30 lock sould have samed him alot of $$$, so dont criticise locks, they are meant to lock stuff up and mack it harder to steal, nothing is impossible to steal.

cornflake

Likes Dirt
hahaha the noob trying to settle us down..... i remember those days, trying to impress others by playing councellour. we're just mucking around michael

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jeremy this is all your fault you jackass. :mad:

Admit that you are wrong you stupid little noob, and michael, you shut up too, ya noob.

Go back to your tranny shop and choads and eat another donut jeremy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.