Private messages

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys I'm having issues with PM's (quite apart from the federal one) where I have sent a member a PM twice now to enquire about an item for sale. Neither message has shown up in my sent messages folder and I haven't received any response. There is nothing at all to indicate they have been sent.

Cheers Scott.

stirk

Burner
Hi Scott,

Go to General Settings > Private Messaging > Sent Private Messages: And select the option to Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

I believe it's turned off by default.

As for getting no reply, that is probably because the recipient is not checking their PM's often even though you are made aware of when a new message has been sent to you.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Scott,

Go to General Settings > Private Messaging > Sent Private Messages: And select the option to Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

I believe it's turned off by default.

As for getting no reply, that is probably because the recipient is not checking their PM's often even though you are made aware of when a new message has been sent to you.
Cheers mate all done. Interestingly though my PM's to dozer showed up in there. Is that because he's an administrator/moderator??? Anyway thanks for the help.

Scott.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sometimes you need to add 'PM sent' in the thread itself. For some reason only known to God, some folk advertise on Rotorburn then seem to take a holiday from checking their PM's.

Minlak

custom titis
Sometimes you need to add 'PM sent' in the thread itself. For some reason only known to God, some folk advertise on Rotorburn then seem to take a holiday from checking their PM's.
I think half the problem is also default settings on this forum. Every other forum I use / have used has notifications set to active. Here unless you choose to get notifications (subscribe) you get nothing ( to threads even ones you create). Same with sent items in pm you choose to record them they are not recorded automatically. I personally love it this way no point getting 100 emails a day about the same thread you threw one flippant remark into. It does however mean the other half of the problem the slack mofo's that don't take responsibility for their thread.