Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Pretty sure it's just a stagea, but dunno if they share a front-end or whether there was much custom work

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
RS6 still beat it prob.
yeah i was thinking that... but it would be close.

was going to do a rough comparison.. but the weight i can find on the rs6, seems way to heavy, 2025kg kerb weight???? its not that big of a car..

floody

Wheel size expert
F#ck the RS6, B7 RS4 Avant FTW!
All said, with say $20-30k on a $30k 260RS Stagea you would absolutely murder either above Audi.

The GT-R one is a M35 with a kit, by Kids Heart.

P.S. Still want a B7 RS4 Avant muchly!

mountain_man(1)

Likes Dirt
F#ck the RS6, B7 RS4 Avant FTW!

P.S. Still want a B7 RS4 Avant muchly!
You are so on the money its not even funny. (My apologies for the the rhyming)
I will have me an RS4 one day. The B7's my favorite and judging by the fact that the B8 S4 is fairly sedate the B8 RS4 may also be a little to conservative. Avant all the way.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
That Matte Black RS4 is bangin'. I went to school with a dude whose dad owned an E46 M3, 911 Turbo Cabriolet and B5 RS4. Bastard.

floody

Wheel size expert
Yeah that vinyl wrapped B7 RS4 is off the hook. There is one in Hobart in Daytona Grey with matched tone grey rims, it looks and sounds fantastic. DO WANT! $150Kish is still a wee bit steep, lol. I figure though if B5s are now common in the $50-60k range, in 2 or 3 years B7s won't be far off that (and will have aged better). One day....

C34 Stag with MASA R34 kit. I believe it is a single turbo 260RS with MANY fasts.

For the hell of it, RUF BTR NATO.

Matching leather trimmed buckets and cage? check

Last edited:

fairy1

Banned
I have narrowed my car selections down to a Stagea or a Legnum, why the hell Mitsu stayed with a transverse 6 I'll never know and I really don't want to change a timing belt but I don't trust imported cars so I'd force myself to put a newie on.

I am now trying to talk my boss into letting me leave the mini in a shed at work so I can completely gut it.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am now trying to talk my boss into letting me leave the mini in a shed at work so I can completely gut it.
I've done a similar thing for my Stanza! Initially I told him that it would stay there until I could arrange for it to go to my Grandfathers. It's been there for a month or so and no questions have been asked so I'm going to keep it there until somethings said.

I don't know a whole heap about either Stag's or Legnum's so I can't pass any real comments other than how they look. I'd definitely go the Stag. It's Nissan and skylineesque so you're pretty much winning right there.

mountain_man(1)

Likes Dirt
I figure though if B5s are now common in the $50-60k range, in 2 or 3 years B7s won't be far off that (and will have aged better). One day....
Sad news, http://www.quattroworld.com/audi-news/breaking-news-audi-kills-off-the-rs4/ looks like the B7's will hold their price a bit better without an update to fill its shoes.

I did read somewhere they (Audi) were already looking at a B9 RS4 with a 4.0TSFI engine so maybe there's hope after all. By the time i can afford one there should be a quite nicely developed after market for them.

*just a few selects because the news contained in my post could have been potentially upsetting*

Last edited: