Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Likes Dirt
Ok thanks a lot for your help, I've been doing some googling and whatnot, and some asking round, I have a few friends who can help with the install, so might end up going the 4 speaker route.
Also had a play round with some Head units as well in the shop, quite liked the JVC.

P.S. Love the team name brisneyland!

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Okay automotive enthusiasts,

My buddy here is trying to sell his '95 Skyline but he's not sure how much to ask for it. It's a 4-door automatic 'GTS-T 2.5' model.

Most of the vehicles (of the same spec) on Carsales seem to be asking around 9k, but appear to be in better condition. Whilst his car is mechanically A1 (bog stock bar turbo timer and new CD player), there are a few stains in the interior, steering wheel and handbrake leather is scrappy and overall, best described as 'average'. It's an interesting state of affairs as another mate just got 5k for a bomb of a Lancer so obviously he doesn't want to undervalue the car.

I guess the biggest problem he faces is the fact that this sort of car is typically bought by younger drivers and considering all the P-plate laws, as well as the fact its a 4-door auto, it might not fare as well against similarly priced, higher-specced cars.

What would you guys be asking?

top_dog

Likes Dirt
Nice project for the Husky:

New cylinder:

New power valves:

Hopefully it gives me the low end torque boost I'm looking for.

floody

Wheel size expert
Okay automotive enthusiasts,

My buddy here is trying to sell his '95 Skyline but he's not sure how much to ask for it. It's a 4-door automatic 'GTS-T 2.5' model.

Most of the vehicles (of the same spec) on Carsales seem to be asking around 9k, but appear to be in better condition. Whilst his car is mechanically A1 (bog stock bar turbo timer and new CD player), there are a few stains in the interior, steering wheel and handbrake leather is scrappy and overall, best described as 'average'. It's an interesting state of affairs as another mate just got 5k for a bomb of a Lancer so obviously he doesn't want to undervalue the car.

I guess the biggest problem he faces is the fact that this sort of car is typically bought by younger drivers and considering all the P-plate laws, as well as the fact its a 4-door auto, it might not fare as well against similarly priced, higher-specced cars.

What would you guys be asking?

4 doors are worthless compared to the coupes, in reality $7500 or so is the top end of the 4 door R33 market.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
4 doors are worthless compared to the coupes, in reality $7500 or so is the top end of the 4 door R33 market.
4 door 32's are becoming sort after too. Not sure if price is reflective yet but I know they are in demand amongst some circles.

My new (old) steed. '05 CBR thou. Took it for my first proper ride on it this afternoon. Completely happy with it. Make's the FZ1 I had been riding previously feel like a bag of puss (coincidence?).

Plan is to throw a slip-on on (for sound, not worried about power), think about tidy tail and front indicators and ride it!

floody

Wheel size expert
Sought after? haha.

I think some drift wannabe kiddies probably think they're sick, but thats about it. 4 door R32 same story, never will bring 2 door money. Same with GT Hardtop R31s, same with R34s, same with V35s.......

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Cheers Floody.
$7500 isn't a bad price and it is considerably lower than the competition (meaning it could be in with a chance, even against some of the poorer-condition coupes).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/4564373769_68fc39939a.jpg

No offence to owners of such cars, but it really makes me appreciate driving a more sedate vehicle. As I said earlier, this sort of car only really attracts a limited audience and with hoon laws and restrictions tightening up, it makes it even harder to sell.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I did buy a KE70 wagon and I have some pics in here of it a while back but that is now pretty much sold and this is a new beast, hehe I'll post more teasers soon.

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
So stoked with the last few days. Scored a set of VX GTS 17" wheels with Continental rubber for $350 off a guy at school. Got some lowered King springs and a camber kit for $200 flat off a mate whos a mechanic and scoring a gorgeous girl to ride in it haha.

It'll take me a week to get this sorted as I've got masses of assessment at school at the moment. But you will get pics in the long run.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Post more pics Kurt! If you're hachi is something to base your wagooon off than it will be awesome!!!

Looking for new chain and sprockets for the CBR tomorrow. After stocko gearing. Also, a Yoshi rs-5 slip-on will be on the way shortly.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Breaka-san I haz wagon and sedan E7's now!

I'll post some threesome pics of 86, 71 and 70 when I get the chance to take them.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kurt-san. Sounds good man. Pleaase keep us update with the wagoo and E7. Any plans yet?
Wagoo would be 'phatter' but the E7 sedan would be easier! Love the work and i'd help if I could. Fantastic Kurt, just keep us posted. Hope to drop in soon on of the more influential boys soon, Beauman and you and will give us viewers a tiny sectionn of sliding.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Well the wagon is pretty much sold to my cousin in stock form, he's looking to have it be a nice, clean, fairly pimp daily machine, which is what a wagon looks and performs the best at I reckon. At the moment it's sitting on lowered front springs and 14x7 Watanabe's in around 0 offset, I'll take some pics when it's down off the blocks.

The sedan is a lot more and pig and a lot more dope phat baller boso stylez! More pics soon!

What about Beauman? I'm not quite following your Engrish translating on that last line there Matt-san, except for the bit about the sliding;):cool: