Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Enough swept area? Or time for a Wayne Gardner special, two calipers per rotor?
Ah not doing that! Should be fine. There is a company in Capalaba who sell calipers. I will call them next week. Not that I want to drive over there again... i dropped a mate's dodgy phoenix steering box off for refurbishment there while I was in the area having my camera cleaned last week. Was nearly taken out 4 times by people chanaging lanes while beside me.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Renault engineers being sadistic pricks... Somehow you’re meant to feed small hands in here and remove the indicator globe carrier... Assuming you can get enough purchase on it with your fingertips to undo it, it doesn’t fit through a gap in there anyway.

Taking the whole bumper off and removing the headlight assembly is only a 10min job and not really hard, but it’s a bloody pain for a bloody indicator globe!

Apparently this is not all that uncommon on modern cars...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yep, I used to be able to get an ej25 swap done in about that time too. It’s all down to practise.

You never forget your first one. “How fucking tight are those dowel pins between block and transaxle”.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Renault engineers being sadistic pricks... Somehow you’re meant to feed small hands in here and remove the indicator globe carrier... Assuming you can get enough purchase on it with your fingertips to undo it, it doesn’t fit through a gap in there anyway.

Taking the whole bumper off and removing the headlight assembly is only a 10min job and not really hard, but it’s a bloody pain for a bloody indicator globe!

Apparently this is not all that uncommon on modern cars...

You need to be a contortionist.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Its apparently easier if you jack it up and take the wheel off... But because Murphy is not without a sense of humour and will occasionally throw you a bone, it was just a contact on the globe carrier and my failed attempts at undoing the it had jiggled its contacts enough and it works again.

Bloody cars...
Until tomorrow.

The Colorado has the same thing going on with its parkers