Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My E21 was an ex track car and was fine on the open road but just plain unpleasant in the city. Sachs sintered clutch was interesting in combination with effectively a locked diff.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Yea I can totally relate. I used to have much larger cams that just made it a nightmare to drive in stop/start in traffic. It also still has a pretty savage metal plate clutch type diff in there but its manageable.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
That's a damn cool Civic! I love seeing 90s Honda's around still done well. A young fella up the road has a dc2 integra with the JDM front and stuff. He's done a few p-plater style mods but the bones of a cool car are there.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Love that place, I've run there quite a lot. I managed a 60.5 like 5 years ago, and ran a 58.5 on the sprint circuit at QR on ad08r. My goal was n/a 59s with ad08r at lakeside, but that extra half a second feels a bit scary there. I may come back but its 'retired' for now.

some old action shots

That's a damn cool Civic! I love seeing 90s Honda's around still done well. A young fella up the road has a dc2 integra with the JDM front and stuff. He's done a few p-plater style mods but the bones of a cool car are there.
Yea they are a great base. A lot have been flipped through young drivers so need a lot of tlc, but can be worth the effort to save.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Low 60s is good. The sprints are on the DTC and a lot of fun. No risk really, cannot get fast enough unkess you have something exotic. We hit 100 in the xr4 on the long circuit, mostly around 60 or 70 because it is so tight and twisty. The 900hp R35? Quite a bit more than that.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Ah I've never done the DTC, only the big circuit. Been a couple of times with the lotus club to spectate, it seems alright, but I wasn't drawn in enough to give it a go. Maybe when it cools down ill give it a chance.

I don't even know what v-max the civic hits on the main circuit through the kink, my speedo runs out of markers at 180 and the needle is far past that. I'd say ~210.

Big power r35 on that DTC track would be comical

MasterOfReality

After forever
I had mothballed my project for a few years, but getting it out and about again has been nice recently. I have a different appreciation of the car as a 'street' car than I did when I used to track it. So glad I didn't ruin it tooo badly chasing speed.

Pretty sure I saw that the other day. I live next door in pullenvale and frequent the general store a bit...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thinking seriously about getting a track spridget. Found a couple of candidates. 8 port or twin cam head, disc braked rear independent and coilovers. Hmmmm.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Anyone come across suspension bushes with a plastic shell...? This is the big one the rear axle beam hangs off. Not a cheap no name brand either. Should be easy to press in at least!!