Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Wouldnt say no to be honest. A couple of projects in the pipeline and one has rear drums at the moment. If you are happy to hang on to them until things settle I will happily pay postage if you are ok to ship them north. That project needs a BMW K1100 RS head...
PM me your address, I need to go to the post office this week anyway at some point.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Still looking for a donor drivetrain for the red xr4 shell we have. Mazda 6 mps too expensive still and the Focus rs came and went and we missed it. However... partner in automotive atrocities has found a possible car. Will be ludicrous if we can pull it off. I now have to do some measuring. If it is just plain stupid I think it is a goer. One of my favourite engines in an awd layout. Hmmmmm. Stay tuningered.

Haakon

Still looking for a donor drivetrain for the red xr4 shell we have. Mazda 6 mps too expensive still and the Focus rs came and went and we missed it. However... partner in automotive atrocities has found a possible car. Will be ludicrous if we can pull it off. I now have to do some measuring. If it is just plain stupid I think it is a goer. One of my favourite engines in an awd layout. Hmmmmm. Stay tuningered.
#LSswapFTW

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So we bought the donor car.

I have this amount of space:

So will this:

fit?

Plans are to do a measure but first of all do a few sprints when we can get back on the track and see what is likely to break and have a bit of fun howling a 2t Audi around the track. Happy to redo the entire front end and use the Audi gear and make guards fit. The wild rally flares are the right size for the track increases and the back is a blank canvas with the roll cage to fit around the strut tops. I think the problem will be that the XR4 cannot accommodate the length of the engine but there is a mkI Capri that is looking for a drivetrain. Those things fit 302 Windsors so thowing this in will be a doddle.

Also means my Spridget project is postponed for a long while though that gives me time to find a K1100RS motor.

Haakon

fibber - you said it had twice the valves of an LS...

And yes, it will be fine. Nothing an angle grinder cant fix.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
So we bought the donor car.

I have this amount of space:

So will this:

fit?

Plans are to do a measure but first of all do a few sprints when we can get back on the track and see what is likely to break and have a bit of fun howling a 2t Audi around the track. Happy to redo the entire front end and use the Audi gear and make guards fit. The wild rally flares are the right size for the track increases and the back is a blank canvas with the roll cage to fit around the strut tops. I think the problem will be that the XR4 cannot accommodate the length of the engine but there is a mkI Capri that is looking for a drivetrain. Those things fit 302 Windsors so thowing this in will be a doddle.

Also means my Spridget project is postponed for a long while though that gives me time to find a K1100RS motor.
Oh-my-fucking-god. You have to make that happen.

I'd offer advice, but I don't think my angle alloy and fencing wire will actually help much