Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
The whole porsche vs LS conversation counts for nothing, different people are after different outcomes and experiences.
one person may be heard to say things like “lift off oversteer” and “brake balance”. Another will say things like “Smoked him at the lights” and “she threw up in the back seat”
One may describe a great drive as “Stelvio Pass, surrounded by snow” the other “Maccas carpark, surrounded by chicks”
Not saying one’s preference is better than the other, it’s just that different people are looking for different things.

Oddjob

Wheel size expert
The whole porsche vs LS conversation counts for nothing, different people are after different outcomes and experiences.
one person may be heard to say things like “lift off oversteer” and “brake balance”. Another will say things like “Smoked him at the lights” and “she threw up in the back seat”
One may describe a great drive as “Stelvio Pass, surrounded by snow” the other “Maccas carpark, surrounded by chicks”
Not saying one’s preference is better than the other, it’s just that different people are looking for different things.
And some people get face and neck tattoos and some don't. It's all ok. Unless the face is Rihanas and the neck is Chris Browns...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

Odious Geriatric
Staff member
I think I would agree if I had the faintest idea of what you wrote. The ls conversions in a 911 are tricky because lower weight yes but it sticks out further behind.

Tubbsy

Party Pooper
Staff member
Hardly a finely honed tool like a 911. The 928 was made for the chubby US market, so LS away Cletus.
I’m not an LS conversion enthusiast myself, but restoring that to originality is going to cost way too much. Just fixing the electrics on one of these will cost you as much as a crate LS...

Cardy George

got ink? want some?

Haakon

veni, vidi, volanti
Speaking of GM engines going into strange combinations

http://www.citroen-ds-id.com/ds/Landrover_with_Cit_Suspension.html