Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
MAP sensor might helped a bit, but not really. But realised it was pulling a massive vacuum on the crankcase, and the whistling like a vacuum leak might be oil filler cap seal, not a leaking manifold. Oil cap hard to pull off with the engine idling... PCV valve ordered.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Going well so far.
Worked it out.

Pressure regulator was stuck in fully open bypass position, and check valve in the pump is faulty. Replaced the regulator (part of the filter) and now the line doesn’t drain of all fuel between starts.

If I can find the right line for inside the tank (it’s like corrugated crazy straw), I’m tempted to add a check valve inside the tank but outside the pump, the bosch pump is fine otherwise.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Worked it out.

Pressure regulator was stuck in fully open bypass position, and check valve in the pump is faulty. Replaced the regulator (part of the filter) and now the line doesn’t drain of all fuel between starts.

If I can find the right line for inside the tank (it’s like corrugated crazy straw), I’m tempted to add a check valve inside the tank but outside the pump, the bosch pump is fine otherwise.
Yay! Must be great to finally know what's wrong....

Just chuck a new pump in. Hacks i would suggest are best avoided on a complicated beast like that ;)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
MAP sensor might helped a bit, but not really. But realised it was pulling a massive vacuum on the crankcase, and the whistling like a vacuum leak might be oil filler cap seal, not a leaking manifold. Oil cap hard to pull off with the engine idling... PCV valve ordered.
Time for an intervention with fire, lots of fire.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yay! Must be great to finally know what's wrong....

Just chuck a new pump in. Hacks i would suggest are best avoided on a complicated beast like that ;)
Yes, it's a great relief to work out the problem.

Swap you a genuine pump assembly for a RUNNING Renault?

Would for the local stealers price. $380 usd from fcpeuro.com though.

Might be able to buy motor local from bosch too. Just need to pop it out of the tank again.

Think I’ll add a pressure gauge on the fuel line. She starts with about a 0.5 seconds cranking time with zero line pressure, but fuel in the line. Unlike before.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yes, it's a great relief to work out the problem.

Swap you a genuine pump assembly for a RUNNING Renault?

Would for the local stealers price. $380 usd from fcpeuro.com though.

Might be able to buy motor local from bosch too. Just need to pop it out of the tank again.

Think I’ll add a pressure gauge on the fuel line. She starts with about a 0.5 seconds cranking time with zero line pressure, but fuel in the line. Unlike before.

?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
by gee, thats the one. THANK YOU. I like this Spareto website, didn't know it existed.
Its good for one off and small order, the shipping is sensible.

For big bulk orders, autodoc.de (autodoc.co.uk for finding parts in english...) is even better for prices but a flat 120 euros shipping. Good if youre buying a set of rotors and pads for example.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
autodoc.co.uk isn't that intuitive, hard to get back once you drill down into a category. will be comparing everyone when it comes time to do pads and rotors

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Changing the rego over on the Alfa, and failed the roadworthy on the bloody window tint... FFS. 29%, 35% +/- 5% allowed...

Didn't even want the tint, was dealer fitted before i bought it. More money to be spent now, yay.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Changing the rego over on the Alfa, and failed the roadworthy on the bloody window tint... FFS. 29%, 35% +/- 5% allowed...

Didn't even want the tint, was dealer fitted before i bought it. More money to be spent now, yay.
I feel that there is a lesson in here somewhere...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk