Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Jabubu

let you google that for me

Jabubu

Erm..... seems someone was listening: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/el...ly-electric-hypercar-ready-smash-ring-records

If it's really coming in at 1500kg with Rimac battery tech all hail the new supreme ruler of all hypercars. Even if the front end is ugly.

View attachment 400252
That said I'm not that interested in all this hypercar nonsense. There's too big a market for rich people's playthings for my liking as it is.

I'm far more interested in things like the VW ID Buzz and the Alpine A290.

Jabubu

Which TVR did you own again?
I owned a TVR Tuscan S. A car hand built in by engineers from steel and fibreglass. It cost me £50,000, around the same price as a BWM M3 (probably cheaper) at the time. It had no safety features (apart from brakes and steering!), it was loud, smelled of leather and glue, and bits fell off sometimes.

It was light and fast, but it doesn't come close to the definition of a hypercar, or even a supercar for that matter.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Le Mans :oops:
First win for Ferrari in nearly 60 years, 50 years after they last competed in front of a sell-out capacity crowd. I'm not a prancing horsie fan, but that is a monumental achievement.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Le Mans :oops:
First win for Ferrari in nearly 60 years, 50 years after they last competed in front of a sell-out capacity crowd. I'm not a prancing horsie fan, but that is a monumental achievement.
Almost makes up for the total lack of success in other categories.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

MasterOfReality

After forever
On Sunday I was planning to remove auto pedal box and tailshaft in prep for the manual conversion. Went to move the car and it shat a fuel line clamp, fuel was spraying on the extractors. By the time I stuffed around cleaning things up and cursing the location of the clamp, it was too late to grab another one. So the productive day I had planned was spent sweeping out the shed and re-organsing stuff haha.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I owned a TVR Tuscan S. A car hand built in by engineers from steel and fibreglass. It cost me £50,000, around the same price as a BWM M3 (probably cheaper) at the time.
You posted photos of a TVR Cerbera at one stage.

Silence peasant. Owning a $93,000+AUD sport cars is practically living in poverty!
Guessing he bought it around 2000 for that price, should have filled the garage 1970's GT's for instant retirement.
Ehhh... Actually there's a lot of things we could have bought in the year 2000 that would have made us very well off now.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Interesting comparo of track focused tyres.

It's a pity that the Dunlop Direzza isn't available in 20 inch and the Yokohamas cost a freaking fortune. To put this in perspective: for the rear tyres on the GTR, the Nankang NS-2R in a 285/35ZR20 100Y TL NS-2R (180TW) costs $336, a Yokohama A052 285/35R20 104Y ADVAN A052 costs $765 with the AD09 coming in for a little less.

@Dales Cannon and the reviewer also mentioned the wear rate on the A052 so that's another black mark.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can't own a $100k car, talk about putting carbon brakes on and then complain about tyre prices!
Tyres are the single biggest contributor to lap time (aside from the steering wheel attendant), just get the best thing you can for track use. I've got a mate with a very expensive IPRA car and he always runs second hand tyres, madness I reckon.
Can you go down in wheel size and run the 295/35/18 A050? I'm assuming you'll be buying a set of wheels anyway.